Strategic Projects Coordinator Arm Length Arts Culture Organization Month Contract Jobs Vacancy in City Brampton Brampton
- Strategic Projects Coordinator Arm Length Arts Culture Organization Month Contract
- City Brampton
- Brampton ON
- 23 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
City Brampton Brampton urgently required following position for Strategic Projects Coordinator Arm Length Arts Culture Organization Month Contract. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Strategic Projects Coordinator Arm Length Arts Culture Organization Month Contract Jobs Vacancy in City Brampton Brampton Jobs Details:
Design and launch a rigorous, community-led process to determine the appropriate organizational model and business plan for the organization, and will be responsible for developing all aspects, including:
- mission, vision and desired impact; programmatic focus; market positioning; management and operational structure; incorporation process; board recruitment processes; municipal partnership agreement and terms of reference; other key relationships; marketing strategy; financial projects and funding strategies; evaluation and measurement of impact; risks and mitigation approaches; and physical location recommendations.
- Pending required approvals, prepare business plan and implementation strategy for the recommended operational model.
- Manage, facilitate and lead strategic projects and initiatives to advance the vision, priorities and goals of the Culture Master Plan.
- Plan, organize, monitor, and evaluate project activities that include the coordination and implementation of programs and projects that support Culture Master Plan.
- Lead and participate on cross-divisional project teams within the City and with other stakeholders as required to implement approved projects
- Manage community-led projects which involve facilitating meaningful multi-stakeholder dialogue and liaising with internal departments, external agencies, organizations, cultural and business communities and the public, and may require contracting and managing outside consultants.
- Provide overall leadership and direction to cross-functional project teams by assigning tasks and managing the performance of these teams to ensure the successful implementation of new initiatives.
- Identify factors which may impact project success and provide mitigation strategies to address these factors.
- Provide support to the Cultural Services Management Team on corporate wide initiatives.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Develop strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, ensuring a thorough understanding of and positive support for projects and initiatives.
- Organize and direct effective project teams for the successful delivery of projects and initiatives.
- Escalate complex issues to the appropriate level for resolution.
- Manage communication plans to ensure timely communication with Mayor and Councils, internal and external stakeholders.
- Create and maintain detailed project documentation and ensure all necessary sign-offs and approvals meet corporate policies and confidentiality requirements.
- Achieve departmental operational objectives by contributing expertise, information and recommendations to strategic plans and progress reviews, including preparing and completing business and action plans.
Prepare presentations and reports that include measurement of progress against set project goals and objectives.
- Lead and facilitate research and engagement strategies using internal and external project teams to support project planning and implementation objectives.
- Participate in business reviews to improve service delivery and integration of Cultural Services goals and objectives with other key city departments
Maintain knowledge of collective agreements, City policies and practices, legislation, regulations to assist in the revision of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to ensure the needs of Cultural Services stakeholders are continually met.
- Use effective resource and expense management at all times to meet corporate policies and guidelines.
- Meet financial objectives by forecasting requirements, assists in preparing annual budgets, scheduling expenditures, analysing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Manage, lead and facilitate project coordination and team meetings as required to meet project needs
- Work well within diverse groups in support of project and operational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate corporate values at all times.
- Ensure proper scheduling and assignment of full-time, part-time staff and volunteer duties, with attention paid to peak periods. Create and monitor work place standards for all roles. Provide task assistance and create a healthy team environment. Make certain staff have information, training to meet customer expectations and to comply with all City Human Resource and legislated (i.e. Health & Safety) regulations. Recruit, oversee and provide staff performance evaluations.
- Post-secondary degree in Cultural Management and Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration or related field or equivalent in related field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in a related field
- Project Management experience, with proven ability to create and interpret business cases and financial proposals
- Expertise in working with the arts, culture and tourism sectors and communities
- Knowledge of Municipal, Regional, Provincial and Federal Governments and applicable Legislations is an asset
- Ability to identify business needs, initiate and coordinate project resource requests
- Exceptional communication and analytical skills
- Solid customer service and people management skills; ability to interface with internal and external customers to meet corporate service standards
- Solid organizational skills; detail oriented, well organized able to coordinate activities and tasks meeting conflicting priorities and timelines
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft office/software