Supervisor Operation Services Jobs Vacancy in Algonquin College Ottawa
Algonquin College Ottawa urgently required following position for Supervisor Operation Services. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Supervisor Operation Services Jobs Vacancy in Algonquin College Ottawa Jobs Details:
Reporting to the Manager, Facilities Operations and Maintenance Services, the incumbent provides leadership and sound management in the operation of Caretaking Services, Waste Management Services, moves and, general maintenance, and operation and maintenance of Electrical Infrastructures.
The Supervisor Operation Services is responsible for health and safety standards and practices for their area. They are also accountable for facilities asset management implemented in the Computer Aided Facility Management Software, documentation and associated knowledge management practices and processes. The incumbent acts as the department expert in general maintenance and Electrical Infrastructures and supports short and long range planning to ensure that Algonquin College is legally compliant with legislative and code requirements, as well as any audit / reporting requirements from Ontario Ministries.
The Supervisor Operation Services is accountable to ensure the development, deployment and execution of standard of operations and maintenance program that meets TSSA, ESA, OBC, NFPA, environmental regulations and best practices within an established budget. The incumbent is well versed in developing and monitoring proactive maintenance and services, along with enhancing and being current about associated safety programs and applicable codes. The incumbent possesses solid experience in forecasting, maintaining budgets and driving projects associated with maintenance, including small to large capital enhancements, project definition, schedule, budgeting, procurement, execution, start up, operability and health and safety.
The Supervisor Operation Services manage two major contracts relating to caretaking services and waste management services. Ensure contractors meet their contractual obligations and key performance index. Through collaborative approach, implement a continuous approach to process improvement to identify opportunities for improvement, to implement the changes and to measure the impact of those changes.
The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to the College and College community. Well developed skills for leading and mentoring a team of technical professionals is required and acting as a role model and demonstrating best practices, safety and technical proficiency. The incumbent will embrace change and has a continuous improvement philosophy.
- Minimum three (3) year Diploma in a field of study related to Architecture, Plumbing, HVAC, or Mechanical, Electrical, or Construction Engineering;
- Minimum seven (7) years of experience including:
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in supervising or guiding a team, overseeing direct reports and resolving personnel issues;
- Minimum three (3) years of experience working with and managing vendors and third party contractors;
- Experience implementing, maintaining and working with a recognized maintenance management software;
- Experience with a Computer-Aided Facility Management (CAFM) system;
- Experience in budget management and control in a large institutional environment;
- Familiarity with the operation and execution of preventive maintenance in a large institutional setting with a particular emphasis on education;
- Familiarity with the procurement process in a publically-funded organization;
- Familiarity with the principles of energy conservation and experience with implementing energy efficient projects;
- Familiarity with the operation and legislative requirements with respect to registered plants typically gained by either working in a plant or being responsible for one;
- Strong leadership skills, management skills, and organizational skills;
- Proficiency with the standard Microsoft Office Suite.
Please use the Internet Explorer browser when submitting your cover letter and resume.