Office Support Clerk Customer Service Agent Jobs Vacancy in City Vancouver Vancouver
City Vancouver Vancouver urgently required following position for Office Support Clerk Customer Service Agent. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Office Support Clerk Customer Service Agent Jobs Vacancy in City Vancouver Vancouver Jobs Details:
Requisition ID: 12046
The City of Vancouver is striving to become the greenest city in the world, and a city powered entirely by renewable energy before 2050. We are proud to be one of BC's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, and one of Canada's Greenest Employers. With employees that have helped Vancouver consistently rank as one of the world's most livable cities, the City values a diverse workforce which represents the vibrant community we so proudly serve.
Consider joining our committed team of staff and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
Main Purpose and Function
Revenue Services is the consolidated service counter for routine, high volume transactions for the City Hall campus. The Customer Service Agent (CSA) under the Vacancy Tax branch within Revenue Services is responsible for assisting homeowners with their online property status declaration and evidence in-take, using the City’s POSSE program to scan supporting documents submitted to support the property status, using the City’s Tempest program to look up folio numbers and access codes, and responding to Vacancy Tax enquiries in-person, by phone or in writing. He/she will also be involved in assisting the Vacancy Tax department with administrative duties as assigned.
Key Contacts and Reporting Relationships
Reporting to the Supervisor of Vacancy Tax and receives daily direction from the team lead. They will also interact with staff within Revenue Services.
- Provides prompt and accurate responses to inquiries in-person, by phone, or in writing and escalates issues when applicable
- Assists homeowners with their online property status declaration by answering questions and assisting them through to completion of their declaration
- Assist homeowners with in-person evidence in-take for audit, complaint, review files for the Vacancy Tax branch and Review Office
- Uses the City’s POSSE program to scan evidence submitted to support the property status declaration
- Uses the City’s Tempest program to look up property information such as homeowner’s folio numbers and access codes
- Prints out homeowner’s property information, confirmation of completed online property status declaration
- Distributes additional reference materials or forms related to the Vacancy Tax By-Law to customers as required
- Adheres to strict confidentiality standards when assisting the public with their business needs
- Completes administrative duties including data entry, filing, shredding, sorting mail and organizing files in Revenue Services
- Other duties/responsibilities as assigned
Minimum Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Completion of Grade 12 supplemented by further education in business administration, accounting and communication courses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum of two years of front facing customer service, general office or clerical work experience in a fast paced environment
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform a variety of clerical, data entry, and other office support functions
- Good working knowledge of office procedures, practices and equipment
- Strong communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills to deal effectively with the public
- Ability to resolve difficult customer situations in a professional manner
- Able to listen effectively and empathize with customers
- Ability to provide accurate and thorough information
- Proficiency with computers and programs such as MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word); high processing/data entry speed; minimum keyboarding skill of 40wpm
- Basic business arithmetic; accurate and attentive to detail
- Ability to function as part of a team while having the ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Must be willing to work at a computer terminal and/or stand for extended periods of time
Business Unit/Department: Finance, Risk & Business Plan (1150)
Affiliation: CUPE 15 Non Pks
Employment Type: Auxiliary/Casual
Position Start Date: November 1, 2018
Position End Date: February 4, 2019
Number of Positions: 8
Salary Information: Pay Grade GR-013: $22.53 to $26.38 per hour
Application Close: September 23, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion.