Investment Risk Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Optrust Toronto
Optrust Toronto urgently required following position for Investment Risk Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Investment Risk Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Optrust Toronto Jobs Details:
The Investment Risk Analyst will be responsible for performing and supporting advanced quantitative and qualitative analysis to critically evaluate investment risks in the Total Fund.
- Help identify risks in the Total Fund including market risk, credit risk, liquidity risk, and derivative counterparty risk.
- Monitor risk concentrations in the Total Fund, or in specific asset classes by regular monitoring of risk reports and market conditions.
- Assist in the research, design, and delivery of custom analytics in a short time frame.
- Validate new risk analytics and prototype new risk reports.
- Work with investment groups and asset class risk experts to develop forward looking hypothetical scenarios that could adversely affect Total Fund return.
- Validate, implement, and maintain knowledge of pricing models, risk factor models, and risk metrics used in the Risk System.
- Assist with analysis to identify risk methodologies for illiquid or difficult to model securities.
- Participate in developing tools to monitor and manage short term liquidity risk.
- Assist with drafting ad hoc analysis, proposing conclusions and recommendations as required.
- Undergraduate or advanced degree in Finance or other related discipline preferred.
- Attainment or working towards a professional designation such as PRM, FRM, CFA.
- Relevant experience in risk management with a pension plan, asset management firm or investment consultant firm (minimum 4 years) is preferred.
- Experience with third-party risk management software such as Risk Metrics is an asset.
- Ability to analyze financial market data using Excel, Access, V BA, Bloomberg, R, Matlab.
- Excellent demonstrated quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player.
- Strong research and organizational skills to produce professional written reports and or material for presentations.