Officer Toronto Jobs Vacancy in Scotiabank Toronto
Scotiabank Toronto urgently required following position for Officer Toronto. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Officer Toronto Jobs Vacancy in Scotiabank Toronto Jobs Details:
Requisition ID: 39898
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
GWO Derivatives Settlements Level 4 Officer IV will be responsible for various Operational components related to the settlement of derivative product transactions. The Officer IV will be expected to accurately complete settlements in a timely manner and will be responsilbe for all daily operational processes associated with the their desk. The Officer IV must have working knowledge of derivative products, and must maintain and develop excellent working relations with various stakeholders both internally as well as externally.
- Responsible for completing day-to-day operational activities. This includes but is not limited to completing daily settlements, assistance with reconciliaiton of daily/monthly/annual accounting breaks, investigation of settlement differences with clients, involvement with projects as they relate to the team, as well as any other assigned daily control points.
- Responsible for effectively supporting, communicating with, and maintaining excellent working relations with front office, product control, technology and any other related stakeholders in order to ensure that all interconnected processes take place in an accurate and timely manner and that any discrepancies are addressed effectively.
- Responsible for providing accurate and informative analysis to the Derivatives Settlements management staff as requested.
- Responsible for being the first point of contact in providing excellent customer service by effecting insightful feedback and accurate analysis in a timely manner on all customer requests as they relate to settlements.
- Develop a solid working understanding of the products supported/settled. (Cross Currency Swap, Single Currency Swap, Credit Default Swap, Inflation Swap, Total Return Swap, Forward Rate Agreement, Forex, FX Options, FX Commodity Options, Equity Options, Loans, Deposits, Swaption, Single Currency Extend, Single Currency Call, Cap, Floor, FX Strip).
- Will be responsible for identifying and helping to mitigate any inherent operational risks as they relate to overall team. This includes, but is not limited to, cross-training and providing coverage on other settlement desks for vacations and unexpected absences.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Sound understanding of capital markets, derivative products would be an asset.
- Basic accounting knowledge and Nostro reconcilations is also an asset.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, meeting tight deadlines, working under pressure, and working with minimum supervision is essential.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and interpersonal skills to deal effectively with various stakeholders.
- Solid computer skills (MS Office).
- Attention to accuracy and extremely detail oriented.
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent experience in Capital Markets.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada’s International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.