Licensing Assurance Compliance Officer Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto
City Toronto Toronto urgently required following position for Licensing Assurance Compliance Officer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Licensing Assurance Compliance Officer Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto Jobs Details:
- Completes compliance audit procedures (examining documents and reports, financial statements, individual, corporation and partnership filings, vehicle and driver insurance, license and vehicle data obtained from the Ministry of Transportation, rideshare/taxi trip and geographical data, criminal background data, interface with the Ministry of the Attorney General systems for driving violation data, etc.) developed for each objective in accordance with the compliance plan.
- Conducts studies, environmental scans and surveys and provides analysis to inform policy and by law developments/modifications using business intelligence, GIS and specialized computer programs.
- Researches and develops municipal policies and procedures for licensing and compliance.
- Coordinates requests for compliance investigations of licensed organizations, including reviews of financial records, organization eligibility, business and driver conduct.
- Maintains an ongoing relationship with divisional sections and other orders of government in order to keep current on operations and to identify emerging trends with particular reference to compliance concerns and issues.
- Conducts regular compliance audits to ensure licence and permit holders maintain continued compliance with by laws and regulations.
- Verifies information such as letters, by-laws, regulations, operating budgets, financial statements and tax returns to ensure continued compliance.
- Conducts evaluation and analysis of client data, transaction data and payment data to determine risk ratings for compliance.
- Coordinates third party on-site quality assurance assessments and compliance audits on a city-wide basis.
- Provides advice and guidance to 3rd party auditors and divisional enforcement and licensing issuance staff based on compliance audit findings.
- Recommends approval or denial of issuance of final applications (removal of provisional status) for Private Transportation Companies.
- Develops and maintains a comprehensive database of all licensed organizations for license review, compliance monitoring, enforcement and revenue tracking.
- Prepares reports for contracted agencies, internal files, divisional and committee or tribunal use.
- Identifies areas of non-compliance and initiates corrective and enforcement actions.
- Liaises with federal and provincial ministries and agencies, law enforcement and other regulatory bodies to gather information while investigating status of a license or permit holder’s compliance.
- Works with the Manager Compliance and Reporting on large-scale projects and reporting.
- Promotes business licensing in the City and recommends changes in procedures to enhance revenue, improve compliance and create efficiencies.
- Documents and reports compliance status and statistics, including making data available for posting on the public website to demonstrate transparency.
- Develops, implements and maintains operational procedures, information systems, administrative documentation and record controls for quality assurance processes.
- Ensures procedures, policies, legislation and regulations are followed and complied with.
- Aids in production and review of compliance and quality data for review by third party auditors.
- Interprets and applies regulations, legislation, policies, procedures, theories, principles, case law and policy direction to assess compliance.
- Conducts advanced level, data-driven risk assessments and undertakes enforcement of the bylaw using a risk-based approach.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Post-secondary education in audit, quality assurance or related fields pertinent to the job function or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Extensive experience conducting research, studies, surveys, and compiling data.
- Extensive experience writing complex reports for internal files, external agencies, committees and tribunals, and analyzing and communicating findings.
- Considerable experience developing and maintaining comprehensive and complex sets of data in relational and object oriented databases (SQL, Oracle) using a variety of Business Intelligence tools (such as SAP, HANA, BW, etc.).
- Considerable experience in advanced analytics, business intelligence, data mining, and data presentation to senior leadership.
- Extensive experience using Microsoft Excel
- Considerable experience communicating with public, all levels of internal staff, external stakeholders and government agencies in an efficient, discreet and diplomatic manner.
- Experience designing and analyzing all types of geographic and spatial data using Geographic Information Systems (GIS).
- Experience in a municipal or other regulatory enforcement environment, interpreting by-laws/regulations to conduct compliance audits and to coordinate investigations.
- Knowledge of audit compliance procedures.
- Ability to prepare and comprehend documents, reports, financial records/statements, data and to communicate findings to senior management.
- Ability to assess compliance, develop audit reports and recommend action plans to achieve compliance with City by-laws, legislation and policies, programs and procedures.
- Ability to develop, implement and maintain operational procedures and regulations.
- Ability to interpret and apply regulations, legislation, policies, procedures, theories, principles, case law and policy direction to assess compliance.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, diplomacy and discretion in handling matters of confidential/sensitive nature.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work with detailed information.
- Advanced problem solving and coordination skills, and the ability to exercise independent judgement in dealing with emerging issues.
- Ability to travel to various work sites within the City of Toronto as required
- Knowledge of the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA)
- Knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations.