Program Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Sheridan College Brampton
Sheridan College Brampton urgently required following position for Program Support Specialist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Support Specialist Jobs Vacancy in Sheridan College Brampton Jobs Details:
Faculty/Department: Faculty of Applied Science and Technology
Campus: Davis (May be assigned activity at any Sheridan campus)
Reference Number: 18/S/125
Hourly Range: $31.06 - $36.06
Hours: 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Application Deadline: October 22 2018
The Program Support Specialist works as an integral member in the Faculty of Applied Science and Technology under the supervision of the Associate Dean, Faculty of Applied Science & Technology. The incumbent provides front line administrative and organizational support to the Dean, Associate Deans (AD’s), faculty, faculty administrators, coordinators and students for programs within the Faculty of Applied Science & Technology. The incumbent's responsibilities include maintaining the operational flow of programs and processes to ensure organizational and program continuity and providing administrative support to various governance and academic committees. The incumbent researches, organizes and provides program information throughout Sheridan and to the Faculty for the purposes of planning, problem solving and decision-making. The incumbent is also responsible for planning and coordinating semester program activities, Faculty/School projects, events and outreach activities. The incumbent works closely with agencies, internal/ external stakeholders and organizations to provide information linkages.
- Responding to inquiries about program content, curriculum and admission requirements;
- Providing front-line support for the Faculty and assists the students in answering inquires and directing them to proper departments when appropriate;
- Preparing and extracting reports from Student Information System (PeopleSoft) (class lists, address lists, attendance lists, grade rosters, academic status sheets) for administrative analysis and planning;
- Investigating and resolving general office problems and concerns;
- Advising and providing guidance to receptionist and part-time staff to support day-to-day operations of the office;
- Assisting in maintaining on-line calendars for program coordinators, academic advisors and Associate Dean;
- Liaising with course leads and faculty to identify book order requirements and then work with the bookstore to place orders and purchases books for specialized full-time programs;
- Supporting Event-based Activities and Professional Advisory Councils;
- Other related duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- 3-year diploma/degree in Business Administration, Office Administration or a related field with a minimum of three years’ experience in Customer Service or Office Administration (or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience)
- Ability to work Strong communication skills (interpersonal, oral, written)
- Strong project planning, coordination and organizational skills and attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to set priorities and problem solve
- Advanced level customer service skills and excellent diplomacy skills including tact and judgment
- Advanced level skills using computer software (e.g. Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, database management, internet research, Outlook)
- Knowledge of PC and MAC platforms (ability to adapt to changes in software).
- Experience in program coordination in a postsecondary environment an asset
- Experience with PeopleSoft and Sheridan Academic Logistics system as asset
Please apply online: https://careers-sheridancollege.icims.com