Executive Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Green Shield Toronto
Green Shield Toronto urgently required following position for Executive Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Executive Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Green Shield Toronto Jobs Details:
As Canada’s only national not-for-profit health and dental benefits specialist, our reason for being is to create innovative solutions that improve access to better health. Committed to providing effective cost containment strategies, advanced technology, and extraordinary customer service, GSC manages and administers benefit plan programs for plan members nation-wide.
We’ve also been recognized as an exceptional place to work, with an energetic culture derived from our dedication to Canadian health care. We pride ourselves on our creative solutions that lead the industry and we also recognize what matters to our people and have designed our total rewards as such. Some examples include:
- Generous time-off (including vacation, holiday shut-down between Christmas and New Years and even having your birthday off)
- Ways to place intentional focus on work-life balance & self-managed accountability
- Full and flexible benefits on day 1 (it is our business after all)
- Company matching of charitable donations (matching for both volunteering your time & your dollars)
- Tuition reimbursement options (we love learning)
As the Executive Administrative Assistant, you will report to and provide primary administrative support to the President & CEO.
Overview of Responsibilities
- Working in a fast paced environment excites you.
- You are flexible and adaptable.
- You are meticulous, take details seriously and have strong organizational skills.
- You are professional and comfortable collaborating and engaging with members of the Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
- You are a self-starter and are comfortable working independently with little direction.
- You care about people and you have above average interpersonal skills.
- You have sound judgment regarding ethics, discretion, and privacy, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You are willing to go above and beyond to get the job done, which may include working outside of core business hours.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU CAN EXPECT TO:
- Provide confidential administrative support including: report creation and maintenance, project support, research tasks, preparation of business travel & seminar arrangements, and meeting scheduling, agenda development, expense reconciliation, and minute taking.
- Assist in presentation and report development for Board of Director meetings, and Board Committee meetings.
- Assist in the development of corporate communications/correspondence and be accountable for timely distribution of communications (internal and external as required).
- Organize and provide oversight for corporate initiatives and celebrations as requested.
- Develop and cultivate collaborative relationships with peers, members of the GSC Leadership Team, and external partners.
- Develop effective processes to assure efficient delivery of information.
- Support senior communication with clients, as required.
- Make arrangements for beverages, lunches, dinners, etc. for meetings as requested.
- Other responsibilities and projects as may be required.
Competencies and Qualifications
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible and diversified administrative experience, including support to Executive Team members.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in business, administration or related discipline.
- Strong computer skills and tech savvy - deep understanding of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Internet tools.
- Basic accounting skills including the ability to prepare and review budgets.
- Occasional ability to travel.