Construction Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto
City Toronto Toronto urgently required following position for Construction Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Construction Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in City Toronto Toronto Jobs Details:
- Takes appropriate action to correct failure occurring within warranty period, recording and recommending for release of contractor holdback.
- Assists in maintaining records and contract deficiencies and takes appropriate corrective action, ensures proper completion of contracts and arranges for official handover, initiates and maintains warranty records for the period as stipulated in the contract.
- Initiates field changes to correct errors or omissions in design relative to site conditions, recording and recommending for approval, contractors’ progress claims in accordance with terms of contract and amount of work completed.
- Carries out contract administration and field supervision including instructing contractors on work timing and methods. interpreting and ensuring conformity with drawings and specifications.
- Establishes the scope, scheduling, co-ordination and interfacing requirements of projects and undertakes the design and the preparation of working drawings, specifications, bills of material and prepares detailed estimates.
- Drafts tender, Request For Proposals (RFP), Request For Quotations (RFQ), provide bid analysis and prepares report.
- Checks work of contractors to ensure adherence to City by-laws, policies and procedures,
- Ensures work is compliant with Child Care Early Year Act (CCEYA), Building Code and all other Regulations and Acts.
- Co-ordinates and attends site meetings and project team/client meetings.
- Carries out technical work for the planning, design, construction and maintenance of City’s facilities or infrastructure.
- Provides technical assistance in planning and scheduling of work for capital projects. Prepares estimates and layouts. Verifies calculations by inspectors and performs on site visits.
- Prepares specifications, tenders, reports and determines quantity and cost estimate.
- Assists supervisor/project manager with respect to investigating and responding to inquiries and/or complaints from project clients, staff, elected officials and members of the general public.
- Assists supervisor/project manager with instructing, directing, providing technical guidance and expertise and give feedback to program staff, contractors and consultants with respect to projects and insures relevant constructions practices/methodologies, contract documents, City by-laws, codes, legislation and acts are adhered to.
- Graduate from a recognized University or College in an undergraduate program related to Engineering, Architecture, or Building Sciences, or the equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Experience as a construction contract administrator, interpreting construction drawings, specifications and contract documents.
- Experience in the preparation of RFP's, pre-qualifications and tender documents.
- Experience with construction practices and various materials and methods of construction.
- Experience using computer software including Microsoft Word, Excel and MS Project.
- Experience preparing budgets, schedules and maintaining financial records.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to set priorities, plan and execute a variety of tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Good written and oral communication skills and the ability to develop solid internal and external relationships.
- Thorough understanding of construction practices, materials and methodologies.
- Good knowledge of legislation related to the design and construction industry including relevant building codes, City policies and procedures.
- Ability to work independently as well as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to travel to various work locations throughout the city of Toronto and will require access to a personal vehicle.