Yfcs Youth And Family Counsellor Temporary Jobs Vacancy in Youth Services Bureau Ottawa Ottawa
Youth Services Bureau Ottawa Ottawa urgently required following position for Yfcs Youth And Family Counsellor Temporary. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Yfcs Youth And Family Counsellor Temporary Jobs Vacancy in Youth Services Bureau Ottawa Ottawa Jobs Details:
Youth and Family Counsellor, YFCS
Classification: Youth Worker Reports to: Coordinator, YFCS
Closing Date: December 16th, 2018
Position: full time temporary until January 2020
Under the general direction of the Director of Mental health Services and the immediate supervision of a Coordinator of YFCS, the Youth and Family Counsellor is responsible for the provision of intake, assessment and counseling services to youth and families per program demand. The work will be conducted in accordance with policies and directives established within the YSB.
- Adhere to Choice and Partnership Approach (CAPA) system requirements
- Adhere to Feedback Informed Treatment principles and requirements
- Deliver individual, family, group, intensive services to clients of the agency in line with program demands
- Perform case management functions which may include using an integrated plan of care process
- Complete approved screening tool with clients
- Assess client need for and recommend when appropriate additional resources or multi-disciplinary support for client
- Support clients to identify counselling goals & strategies for goal achievement.
- Utilize recognized interventions to support client in the achievement of established goals
- Advocate with and on behalf of client as required
- Attend and participate in individual supervision & peer group supervision
- Participate in training to ensure ongoing development of skills and abilities – including YSB required training
- Ensure both electronic and physical client files remain current within established guidelines/policies & procedures.
- Meet standards defined in Youth and Family Counselling Services Procedural Manual / Policy and Procedures Manual
- Contribute to program and services development and evaluation.
- Ensure timely submission of all administrative work in accordance with YSB practices
- Collaborate and network with community agencies as appropriate and as requested
- Ensure familiarity with all pertinent legislation
- Follow safe work practices as established by the Bureau and the program.
(The qualifications are appended to the job description and are not intended to be part of the job description)
- Degree or diploma in Social Work or relevant field coupled with membership in a registered college authorized to practice Psychotherapy
- Minimum two years related experience in providing counseling services to youth and their families and case management
- Experience delivering family counseling services using a Collaborative approach and a systemic perspective
- Knowledge of recognized therapeutic approaches including CBT, DBT, Solution Focused Brief Therapy.
- Capacity to work using a DBT approach will be considered a significant asset
- Demonstrated ability to assess need for multi-disciplinary support or other resources
- Knowledge of mental health issues in adolescents
- Demonstrated decision making and problem solving skills both autonomously and in a team
- Oral and written fluency in English is essential. Oral and written fluency in French is considered an asset
- Availability and ability to work evenings, flexible hours
- Flexibility and comfortability in working at various locations which may involve local travel
- Demonstrated computer skills
- Valid driver’s license
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent may be asked to perform other duties as required.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: The Temporary employee shall not be entitled to use accumulated seniority to displace an employee in another position at the end of the Term. This position may terminate with a minimum of two weeks’ notice.
YSB values diversity. We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community.
Accommodation will be made available for applicants with a disability throughout the hiring process. Applicants must make their needs known in advance. All interested candidates are encouraged to apply. In the event a qualified candidate is not found, candidates that do not meet the qualifications indicated on the posting may be considered.