Shared Housing Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Asheya Accommodations Vancouver
Asheya Accommodations Vancouver urgently required following position for Shared Housing Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Shared Housing Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Asheya Accommodations Vancouver Jobs Details:
Become a key member of a family-owned, social business with an enthusiastic team. Our mission is to fill the gap in the affordable housing market in Vancouver while proudly offering a community living space for millennials. We facilitate shared housing, and offer financial assistance through our financial aid program for self-identified women, indigenous, and transgender people pursuing post-secondary education.
This is a great role for a self-directed, conscientious person who can be responsible for their own schedule. Most days you will be working from home or going to our residential shared houses, so the hours can be flexible around your schedule. You’ll be the first point of contact for the company so we’re looking for a highly competent representative to give a good first impression, as well as provide excellent communications services in the long term.
- Answering email inquiries from room rental applicants
- Communicating with current residents
- Managing and updating resident info database
- Showing available rooms at shared houses
- Vetting applicants
- Updating existing documents and templates
- Creating new procedure and policy documents
- Skype interviews with out-of-town applicants to discuss house specifics and policies
- Checking references for incoming residents via phone or email
- Tracking deposit information
- Creating contracts for new or existing residents
- Sending move-in and move-out emails
- Taking and organizing photos of rooms
- Posting, organizing, and tracking ads online
- Finding and implementing new advertising strategies
- Finding solutions to various issues as we grow
- Assisting the team generally in facilitating shared housing
- Taking initiative to communicate and update Asheya and the team as needed, through text, email, and phone calls.
Skills and Personal Characteristics
- Communication Skills: strong written and verbal business English. Fluent English speaker and writer.
- Technology Application Skills: working knowledge of navigating Gmail and Google drive. Ability to learn new applications.
- Basic Photo Editing: take good photos and use iPhoto or Photoshop for basic colour correction and title designs.
- Personable: friendly and professional
- Detail Oriented
- Presentable: dress appropriately at the showings to give a good impression
- Organized: prioritize tasks, organize work flow
- Self-motivated: work with minimal direction or supervision
- Respectful: work with team members, applicants, and residents from diverse backgrounds, many who have English as a second language. Openness to different cultures, orientations and lifestyles
- Good Judgement: screen candidates for shared housing
- Reliable: show up on time to appointments, set and meet deadlines
- Flexible: adjust to whatever comes up in a day
- Team player: communicate with and work alongside others on the team
- Coachable: open to adjusting to new methods or feedback
- Trustworthy: with people’s personal information and company finances
- Driver’s license
- Either own a vehicle or eligible for car share program
- Undergraduate degree: all disciplines considered
- Newer computer and your own smartphone and cell phone plan with data
Base salary of $23,400 per year plus commission on each room rented, estimated at minimum $20,250 per year. As we grow, total room rental commissions will also increase. Base salary will also increase with experience and company growth.
There is also opportunity for the right person to advance to management within the next five to eight years.
Immediate start possible.
Send a resume and a message introducing yourself and why you'd be a good fit for this position. Include the date you are available to start work.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $43,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Vancouver, BC (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- English (Required)