Experienced Fine Dining Server Jobs Vacancy in The Butternut Tree Edmonton
The Butternut Tree Edmonton urgently required following position for Experienced Fine Dining Server. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Experienced Fine Dining Server Jobs Vacancy in The Butternut Tree Edmonton Jobs Details:
We are looking for an experienced fine-dining server to join our team who has a genuine interest to grow with the restaurant and help us start the conversation around Canadian Cuisine.
- Willingness to continue to learn about the unique plants and products Canada has to offer
- Genuinely interested in exploring the cuisine of Canada and offering our patrons a world class experience
- Exceptional time management skills
- Personable and comfortable with staff and customer relations
- Highly organized and detail focused
- Articulate and invested in the customer experience
- Knowledge around wine, beer and spirits (Canadian specific is an asset)
- Good whole-hearted individual who truly cares about the customer and staff experience
- Customer hospitality is of utmost importance
- Customer experience in all aspects of service
- Provide knowledge and information about our concept, ingredients, suppliers and everything that we stand for.
- Receive and respond to reservations, event requests, supplier relations
- Work efficiently consistently in a high pace environment
- Contribute to the growth of the restaurant and our team
- To do mise en place, cleaning and service in the Restaurant. Understanding the importance of teamwork and flexibility within your role.
- To be fully conversant with every dish served in the Restaurant and to provide a confident explanation if requested.
- To ensure that all guests’ wishes are met so far as is reasonably possible. Showing passion and pride for the restaurant.
- To ensure that all tasks set are completed in the time allocated and to the standard set by the restaurant
- To be confident that the service is at all times performed in a professional manner and to the style as specified by the Restaurant Manager.
- To work efficiently consistently in a high pace environment
- To be passionate about attending all trainings, briefings and meetings
The Butternut Tree is a 62 seat Canadian restaurant overlooking the river valley and Alberta Legislature. The wall-to-wall picture windows offer an incredible view for connecting the customer to the natural landscape of Canada. We are focusing on offering genuine hospitality while offering the customer a journey to explore the high-quality and incredible diversity of products from our native landscape.
At The Butternut Tree our focus is to explore the corners of Canada discovering new and exciting ingredients to define our cuisine as Canadian. For over a year leading up to the opening we worked with suppliers, producers and growers from every province and territory of our nation, sourcing responsibly from passionate producers. By going back to our roots and starting from scratch there are no limits for replacing global sources of sweet, sour, bitter, salty with unique and unexpected ingredients from our home and native land.
Chef and owner Scott Downey has spent the last 10 years exploring the reaches of the globe expanding his culinary knowledge to bring it back home. Starting his career on Granville Island in Vancouver, then moving on to work in New York and Copenhagen, Denmark. Chef Downey has been formally trained at the Culinary Institute of America and then went to be mentored under Daniel Boulud, in New York, at his 3-Michelin Star Restaurant Daniel and under Rene Redzepi, in Copenhagen, at world-renowned restaurant Noma. At The Butternut Tree all aspects of this training and education will be implemented within our service and execution.
The Butternut Tree is open for dinner service only from Tuesday to Saturday at 5:00pm. We will host events on Sundays & Mondays on a case-to-case basis.
All staff members will have their own personal locker and a staff meal provided by the restaurant for every shift worked. Employees are provided with uniform shirt and apron which is then their responsibility to keep clean and pressed.
Compensation will be based on provincial minimum wage.
To apply applicants must send a resume & cover letter; only successful applicants will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time