Library Technician Jobs Vacancy in County Lambton Sarnia
County Lambton Sarnia urgently required following position for Library Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Library Technician Jobs Vacancy in County Lambton Sarnia Jobs Details:
The County of Lambton is an urban-rural area in southwestern Ontario that is home to over 126,000 residents. The Corporation's seven divisions operate programs and services for the residents of Lambton County such as land ambulance, provincial offences court, three Long-Term Care Homes, 26 library branches, two museums, an art gallery, archives, local roadways, public health services, housing services, social services, building services and planning and development services. Lambton County is a community dedicated to economic growth, environmental stewardship and an enhanced quality of life through the provision of responsive and efficient services and collaborative efforts with its municipal and community partners.
As a member of the Lambton County Library system, the Library Technician is responsible for providing front line customer service to visitors of the Lambton County Library and support services to staff members. In addition to promoting a welcoming and inviting library environment, the Library Technician will provide specialized programming and outreach programs inside in the library and throughout the local community. The Library Technician will also provide training to library staff. The Library Technician is responsible for delivering a library service that meets the strategic direction set forth by senior management and Lambton County Council. The Library Technician will provide coverage for Branch Assistants when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, manage and deliver project-based programs, outreach and partnership opportunities with organizations, groups, agencies, businesses and other stakeholders with minimal supervision
- Organize and deliver instructional programming to members of the public
- Assist in identifying community needs, trends and demographics
- Collaborate with Public Services Coordinators, Community Librarians, Technical Librarian and other staff in delivering community initiatives in support of library goals
- Seek opportunities to promote library services through presentations, membership on appropriate committees and through participation in community events
- Deliver presentations within the community and conduct tours of the library
- Provide in-depth information and readers' advisory services to the public
- Provide reference services to library patrons
- Act as a resource for Branch Assistants
- Instruct the public and staff in the use of the catalogue and the library's other online resources
- Deliver training to library staff
- Provide coverage for Branch Assistants when required, undertaking those duties including circulation, administration, readers' advisory / reference, and programming
- Promote reading and lifelong learning in the community
Customer Service / Communication Responsibilities:
- Represent the library effectively in the community
- Interact pleasantly and courteously with the public, community partners and staff, promoting a harmonious workplace
- Provide instructions or assistance to the public in the use of new technologies and / or electronic platforms
Other Job Tasks / Responsibilities:
- Ensure the effective use of the Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Develop an understanding of electronic platforms and resources that can be used by patrons to enhance their library experience
- Maintain necessary corporate files in accordance with the County of Lambton's Records Retention By-law
- May be required to travel to various facilities for purposes of employment
- Incumbents must keep up-to-date on all relevant legislation, collective bargaining agreements, County Policies and Procedures, etc. ensuring that these are implemented as prescribed
- Incumbents must possess the physical ability to meet the duties and responsibilities of the job description and/or the requirements identified within the position's Physical Demands Analysis
These describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents in this classification. They are not an exhaustive list of all job duties in the classification. Other duties may be assigned.
Direct Supervision: None
Indirect Supervision: None
Functional Authority: Regularly provide guidance and instruction to Branch Assistants, Student Pages, Summer Students, and Volunteers
- Two-Year College Library Technician Diploma or the equivalent in combination of education and experience
- Minimum six months in a service related job or previous volunteer work in a Library. Preference given to those who have worked in a library
- Computer experience including Microsoft Office products, Outlook, Internet, electronic database, digital platforms, etc.
- Interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Previous library experience, and experience using an Integrated Library System (ILS) an asset
- A satisfactory Police Vulnerable Sector Check and / or Police Information Check, as applicable