Administrative Assistant Cst Jobs Vacancy in Vancouver Coastal Health
Vancouver Coastal Health urgently required following position for Administrative Assistant Cst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Administrative Assistant Cst Jobs Vacancy in Vancouver Coastal Health Jobs Details:
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
Reporting to the Director, the Administrative Assistant 1 provides confidential administrative assistance and secretarial support to the designated Director and programs/services throughout the applicable Community of Care (CoC) or Corporate Department of Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH). Triages information of a sensitive and confidential nature, coordinates the flow of information, ensuring accurate and timely delivery of administrative services, and keeps the Director apprised of issues and activities. Interacts primarily with director/managers and their administrative support staff throughout the CoC and across VCH to professionally represent the Director’s interests, share information, clarify details and answer questions. Works independently and communicates with internal and external stakeholders/customers in a manner that promotes positive and respectful relationships.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- Graduation from a recognized administrative assistant/secretarial post-secondary program plus three (3) years of senior administrative support experience.
- Must have advanced word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, desktop publishing, and database software skills and the ability to type a minimum of 60 w.p.m.
- Exercises considerable judgment, tact and discretion in preparing, disclosing and handling information of a confidential and/or sensitive nature.
- Liaises in a professional and courteous manner with managers/directors, staff and the public to gather and disseminate information.
- Communicates in a compelling, clear and understandable manner (both verbally and in writing) in order to represent the Director’s interests.
- Applies excellent time management skills to prioritize and complete assignments in a manner that optimizes departmental effectiveness and contributes to organizational success.
- Practices care and thoroughness when maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data, records and budget information.
- Collaborates with peers to ensure administrative systems and processes are consistently followed and monitored for effectiveness and that gaps are addressed and resolved when identified.
- Employs expertise in the use of desktop computer applications to create a variety of documents and presentations.
- Qualified applicants only please submit a resume and covering letter quoting competition # 101207-tbo.
- Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
***Employees of VCH must apply via the Internal Application Process. Refer to the staffpostings.vch.ca site for How to Apply instructions. Current VCH employees who apply to this posting using this external site will be considered as an external candidate. Seniority will not apply.***
Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.