Driver Helper Jobs Vacancy in United Parcel Service Dunbar-Southlands
United Parcel Service Dunbar-Southlands urgently required following position for Driver Helper. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Driver Helper Jobs Vacancy in United Parcel Service Dunbar-Southlands Jobs Details:
UPS is currently looking for Driver Helpers to work around Dunbar-Southlands, Around Dunbar Community Centre, Kerrisdale and Areas in Vancouver West Side.
- Position Title: Driver Helpers
- Position Type: Part-Time
- Work Hours: 10:00AM - 3:00PM*
- Workdays: Monday to Friday*
- Location: Various Locations (Dunbar-Southlands, Kerrisdale, Vancouver)*
Scheduled shifts are based on operational requirements*
Driver Helpers are responsible for helping our courier drivers deliver parcels to our business and residential customers. This position is great for those who does not drive. The daily duties of a courier driver include the following:
- Acting as an on-foot courier together with the courier drivers
- Lifting, sorting and moving of boxes weighing between 15-lbs to 70-lbs
- Unloading and loading parcels off and onto vehicles during drop-offs and pick-ups
- Operating a DIAD Scanner system that helps out in navigating addresses and postal codes
Qualifications and Skills
- Available to work Monday to Friday*
- Excellent Verbal Communications skills;
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, customer-facing environment;
- Comfortable working in various weather conditions;
- Ability to work well independently
- Ability to lift up parcels weighing between 15-lbs up to 70-lbs (32-kg) unassisted.
All candidates must go through series of interviews, background and reference checks.What we offer...
- Training and Development: training provided for all positions
- Weekly compensation: weekly pay, effective starting rate of $19.86/hr
- Promotion from within: lots of room for career advancement in many areas of the business
- Employee discounts: employee discounts available online through UPSers
How To Apply:
Please send a copy of your resume through e-mail upsjobsbc@ ups.com or through fax to: (604) 295 - 3566.
UPS is committed to Diversity in Employment. We welcome all applicants; however, only qualified candidates will be notified for interviews.
*Conditions will apply
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $19.86 /hour