Program Coordinator Academic Services And Admissions Jobs Vacancy in University Alberta Edmonton
- Program Coordinator Academic Services And Admissions
- University Alberta
- Edmonton AB
- 20 Nov, 2018 20 days ago
University Alberta Edmonton urgently required following position for Program Coordinator Academic Services And Admissions. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Coordinator Academic Services And Admissions Jobs Vacancy in University Alberta Edmonton Jobs Details:
This competition is restricted to current University of Alberta employees; internal candidates will be applying.
This position offers a comprehensive benefits package which can be viewed at: Faculty & Staff Benefits.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for recruitment and admissions, pre-planning through delivery of programs, handling logistics, delivery, class scheduling and day-to-day operations for the assigned portfolio of programs.
Responsibilities include working with faculty to create course schedules; organizing program meals and travel/accommodations where needed; coordinating logistics for special events; ordering and/or developing course materials; communicating with faculty, staff, and students; coordinating with other School of Business support departments. While programs are in session, manages the day-to-day delivery of the program, anticipates and supports the director, students, clients and faculty needs, and ensures all aspects of programs run smoothly.
- Responds to general inquiries from prospective applicants (email, phone or walk-in inquiries)
- Pre-assessments for potential applicants; calculating GPA, researching accreditation and determining if the individual has sufficient work experience
- Receives and processes all incoming applications
- Maintains and manages potential applicant contact database
- Ensures website contains accurate and up-to-date information regarding the admission and application procedures
- Works with the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research to ensure that student files are processed appropriately
- Completes course registration on behalf of the students, checks appropriate course requirements and monitors academic progress
- In consultation with the Director, processes Student Academic Progress Reports as requested by the Faculty of Graduate Studies and Research
- Monitors student tuition/fee assessments, ensuring assessments are correct; monitors outstanding balances
- In collaboration with the Director, prepares, maintains, updates and distributes the cost recovery course timetables to students, faculty, and to the MBA Web Master for updates to the MBA Website
- Coordinates event/program logistics including scheduling speakers, arranging travel and accommodation, arranging room bookings, equipment and catering, distribution of course materials and room step up
- Processes change of grades
- Processes changes of category (e.g., removing conditions)
- Collects, reviews, formats, amends, distributes and supervises all aspects of course materials for students and Instructors in accordance with standards, and adhere to the visual identity of the School of Business
- Manages the ordering of course materials (texts, etc.) as required. If textbooks and course materials are included in the student's program fee, ensuring that these materials are received by the student in a timely manner
- Minimum of a High School Diploma; Diploma in Office Administration preferred
- Three years of related work experience; preferably in a post-secondary environment
- Working knowledge of Mandarin language
- Computer proficiency using MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook) and Adobe PageMaker
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational/time management and communication skills
- Exceptional networking and public speaking skills
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Ability to prioritize work and make independent decisions
- Demonstrated planning and administrative skills
- Event planning and management experience an asset