Biology Specialist Lab Assistant And Tutor Jobs Vacancy in Alexander College
Alexander College urgently required following position for Biology Specialist Lab Assistant And Tutor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Biology Specialist Lab Assistant And Tutor Jobs Vacancy in Alexander College Jobs Details:
TITLE: Writing and Learning Center Subject Area Specialist (SAS) – Math and Science
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Reports to the Writing and Learning Centre Manager
Full time (approximately 40 hours per week), Term (semester) contract, with the possibility of new contracts in subsequent terms.
- Monday – Saturday, approximately 40 hours a week
- Primarily Alexander College Burnaby Campus with flexibility to travel, and work at the Vancouver Campus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science (Biology preferred) or Math Degree, preferably from a BC post-secondary institution
- Minimum of one year of work experience in an educational setting
- Fluent in spoken and written English; experience working with non-native English speakers
- Experience in personalized or group instruction
- Excellent interpersonal and student service skills
- Dedication to helping students succeed
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with scientific writing
- Ability to work in a professional office setting
- Highly flexible and demonstrates the ability to work alone or with a team
- Ability to carry on tasks with little or no supervision
- A positive and charismatic attitude with an outgoing personality
- Tutoring students in a small group setting or on an individual basis
- Timely filing of student tutoring reports using the College’s online reporting system
- Coordinating with the Writing & Learning Centre Manager and faculty members for assistance in the Biology labs.
- Being an integral part of the Writing & Learning Centreby creating online resources applicable to courses in Math and Biology.
- Other duties as assigned by the Writing and Learning Centre Manager and College Administration
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in the above position and you would like to apply, please apply with your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank-you!