Utility Jobs Vacancy in City Saskatoon Saskatoon
City Saskatoon Saskatoon urgently required following position for Utility. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Utility Jobs Vacancy in City Saskatoon Saskatoon Jobs Details:
- Operates various types of equipment such as forklift load packer, automated side-loader, rear loader, tandem trucks, front-end loader, garbage compactor, bulldozer, scraper and patrol.
- Operates light equipment, including various trucks to provide site maintenance, snow removal, sanding, and litter control.
- Maintains staff facilities and sheds, including fuel, lube, and fluids area.
- Maintains and services equipment being operated.
- Assists with training and instruction of proper operating and servicing procedures.
- Maintains appropriate service records.
- Assists with the servicing of equipment.
- Prevents accidents through an orderly direction of traffic, screening waste at points of unloading, enforcing posted rules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Grade 12 education or must obtain GED within 12 months of hire.
- Five years’ experience operating heavy construction equipment.
- Successful completion of, or must complete a recognized training module for heavy equipment operation.
- Possession of a valid Saskatchewan Class 1A Learner’s Licence, and must obtain 1A Driver’s Licence within 2 attempts.
- Current driver’s abstract from SGI demonstrating a safe driving record.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid first aid certificate.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations governing the safe and efficient operation of the equipment, and the uses and maintenance characteristics of the equipment.
- Knowledge of the methods used in loading, transporting and unloading refuse, materials and equipment.
- Knowledge of the methods, materials and parts used in repairing and servicing equipment.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to observe and analyse the operating capability of other operators and to instruct and train in the process involved.
- Ability to deal courteously with the public and other civic employees.
- Ability to perform the services required to assist the mechanical and service staff.
- Physical ability to perform the assigned duties.