Recruitment Events Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Okanagan College Penticton
Okanagan College Penticton urgently required following position for Recruitment Events Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Recruitment Events Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Okanagan College Penticton Jobs Details:
Under the limited supervision of the Associate Registrar, Recruitment & Admissions and the Regional Dean, the Recruitment & Events Assistant provides exceptional client service to applicants, prospective and current students, and other stakeholders on a variety of recruitment related initiatives and events. Working with faculty, administrators, recruitment committees and other stakeholders, the Assistant coordinates and administers a variety of recruitment related initiatives and events and other duties required in the Office of the Registrar and at their regional campus.
Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent and graduation from a four-year degree program in marketing, business, public relations, or related discipline. Over two years and up to four years related experience in event organization and marketing with experience in post-secondary student recruitment, program promotion, public speaking and presentations to large groups
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
- Effective conflict resolution skills and ability to resolve sensitive issues
- Exceptional listening and professional communication skills, focused on tact and diplomacy
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Working knowledge and experience with student record systems
- Aptitude for learning and working with new systems and software
- Effective problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding public speaking and presentation skills
- Ability to exercise initiative, self-development, good judgment and critical thinking
- Works effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Collaborates with others and maintains positive working relationships
- Customer and service focus
- Continuous learning and information seeking
- Integrity and accountability
- Collaboration and collegiality
- Effective interactive communication
Monday to Friday 8 am – 4 pm (Summer) and 8:30 am – 4:30 pm (September – April). Occasional weekend and evening work is required.
This position will travel overnight out of region on occasion.
Shortlisted internal candidates must notify the current Support Staff Bargaining Chairperson and Human Resources if they want a Union Observer during interviews and final selection of candidates.