Formulation Chemist Jobs Vacancy in Germiphene Corporation Brantford
Germiphene Corporation Brantford urgently required following position for Formulation Chemist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Formulation Chemist Jobs Vacancy in Germiphene Corporation Brantford Jobs Details:
To perform research and product development formulation activities which form the core of product development at Germiphene. The R&D Jr Formulation chemist is required to perform planning, preparation, and execution of formulation experiments, make scientific observations, maintain detailed workbooks/documentation as well as write protocols and reports and ensure all documentation fulfills professional/industry standards. To perform testing and support functions required to support the core research and product development as well as transfer activities of Germiphene.
Duties and responsibilities
- Planning, preparation and execution of formulation of current or new products
- Prepare small and mid-sized batches (in the compounding area, on occasion) as required to support research and development activities
- Assist compounding department on scale up and prospective validation for new products
- Calibrate and maintain lab equipment
- Sample raw materials and maintain raw material inventory in R&D lab
- Perform analytical testing of stability and other samples to support product development.
- Periodically provide written reports summarizing all the work results
- Assist method development chemists in sample preparation as well as analytical testing
- Assist project manager with administrative paperwork
- Assist with investigation for OOS/NCR results, deviations, and/or customer complaints.
- Maintain accurate and well organized records of all results in a lab notebook
- Comply with ISO 9001 specifications and GMP regulations, standard operating procedures, Good Laboratory Practices & Laboratory safety, and WHMIS in the Microbiology Laboratory, redesign of safety protocols according to WHMIS and GLP practices.
- Will follow the responsibilities as outlined in the Ontario Health and Safety Act
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Post-secondary degree in Chemistry or related equivalent
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of lab technique
- Organizational and time management skills
- Analytical thinking
- Manual dexterity
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Some lab experience within a pharmaceutical industry is preferred
- Exposure to a lab, office and manufacturing environment.
- The ability to manage a number of projects at one time, and may be interrupted frequently to meet the needs and requests of other departments.
- Excellent organizational, time and stress management skills to meet deadlines.
- Sensory demands include the sensitive use of lab equipment.
- The ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Prolonged periods of standing or sitting in a chair.
- Visual acuity when using instruments, microscopes, etc.
- Manual dexterity to handle sensitive lab equipment
Note: Germiphene is not on a City of Brantford bus route. Candidates and employees must have own transportation.
In compliance with AODA legislation, if you require an accommodation during any part of the recruitment process please advise Human Resources.
We thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those individuals receiving consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent