Analyst Business Analytics Jobs Vacancy in Olg Toronto
Olg Toronto urgently required following position for Analyst Business Analytics. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Analyst Business Analytics Jobs Vacancy in Olg Toronto Jobs Details:
The Analyst, Business Analytics is a key resource for the advancement of analytic fact-based decision making within the OLG. Pursuing innovative analytical techniques will be an everyday part of managing sensitive customer, operational, financial, digital and other non-financial data as a strategic resource. This position will provide OLG with a unique skill set that will assist in advancing OLG’s capabilities through spatial analytics and predictive modeling that will support the execution of key enterprise strategies along all OLG lines of business.
- Responsible for supporting analytical initiatives, projects and deliverables across all OLG lines of business.
- Develop and enhance OLG’s geo spatial technical capabilities using modern spatial technologies and software solutions, specifically related to ARC GIS, Python and Environics Envision.
- Identify and develop opportunities for reporting using standard web protocols that allow for the creation, management and distribution of spatial data through web-based interfaces.
- Provide technical, hands-on guidance to team members while working with geo spatial technologies.
- Develop analytical models, reports and dashboards
- Monitor published customer and operational data and take action/ownership to ensure accuracy, consistency, relevance and timeliness of the information.
- Responsible for the creation of support documentation for analysis findings, presentations, reports, templates, etc.
- Works with key stakeholders to understand relevant business opportunities and propose analytics-based solutions to the business challenges, often working & collaborating closely with other teams across the organization.
- Optimize data workflows to automate ETL processes and increase speed of delivery for analytical outputs.
- Proactively collaborate across the enterprise with different business units to solve challenging data and modeling problems.
- Communicate with key stakeholders at all levels to translate complex concepts into actionable insights.
- A University degree in business/commerce, statistics, computer science, economics, finance or mathematics.
- 2 or more years of experience in an analytical role.
- Extensive experience with ESRI ArcGIS
- Knowledge of key languages and platforms such as: Python, SQL, Envision, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, SAS, Alteryx, Power BI, GA 360, Excel
- Experience working with web-based interfaces and BI dashboard and reporting tools.
- Knowledge with Hadoop and related big data technologies.
- Experience wrangling, cleansing and automating disparate data sources to power analytical outputs.
- Data translation capabilities: ability to explain analytical and statistical modeling.
- Collaboration: comfortable reaching out and collaborating across a large organization
- Results driven
- An effective self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills who thrives in an environment that demands teamwork.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, benefits, defined benefit pension plan and variable pay program
- Extensive training and professional development programs
- Generous leave plans
- Flexible work environment
- Exclusive employee perks
- Get involved with Bet on Green Program to help reduce OLG’s environmental impact
- Support OLG Charities including Federated Health Campaign, United Way Campaign and other fundraising efforts for local charities
- Plus, you’ll contribute to the transformation of lottery and gaming in Ontario through OLG’s business transformation initiative. Visit our website for more information.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
OLG values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. OLG is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.