Program Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Simon Fraser University Vancouver
Simon Fraser University Vancouver urgently required following position for Program Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Assistant Jobs Vacancy in Simon Fraser University Vancouver Jobs Details:
Provides clerical and administrative support for the Liberal Arts and 55+ Program. Responds to enquiries related to programs, courses, and activities, and provides information on program and course registration procedures. Assists with registration and monitors enrollment. Coordinates room bookings, course materials, audio-visual equipment, and catering as required, at the Vancouver campus. Coordinates program information and promotional materials and arranges for its distribution. Monitors the operating budget using the university's financial reporting system (i.e., FAST) and reconciles requisitions, invoices, journal vouchers, and budget transfers against debits and credits to ensure that transactions have been recorded accurately.
- High School graduation and one year of post- secondary education and training in word processing, database and spreadsheet applications; web and desktop publishing applications; and in office practices and basic bookkeeping.
- 3 years of related experience.
- An equivalent combination of formal education, certificate/program of study and experience is acceptable.
- 55 wpm keyboarding skill with a high degree of accuracy.
- Good knowledge of standard office practices, methods, and equipment.
- Good knowledge of university regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Good knowledge of bookkeeping methods and practices.
- Excellent organizational and analytical reasoning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Ability to use word processing, database, and spreadsheet applications (e.g., Word, FileMaker Pro, Excel) at an intermediate level.
- Ability to use enterprise level financial and student information systems (e.g., FAST, SERA, SIMS).
- Ability to use online learning management and web content management applications (i.e., Canvas, CQ5SFU Author).
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a team.
- Ability to proofread and edit written materials with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to perform arithmetic calculations with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to maintain records with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material/information with discretion.
- Ability to exercise mature judgment and initiative.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 10 kg.
Please include your cover letter and resume in one attachment.
Note: For external candidates, the starting salary is the first step of the salary range.