Supportive Living Attendant Sla Jobs Vacancy in Bethany Care Society Airdrie
Bethany Care Society Airdrie urgently required following position for Supportive Living Attendant Sla. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Supportive Living Attendant Sla Jobs Vacancy in Bethany Care Society Airdrie Jobs Details:
For over half a century, Bethany has been improving the lives of Alberta seniors and adults with disabilities by providing housing, health and community services that honour their spirit and individuality.
At Bethany, our journey of service excellence has just begun. We have recently launched WAVE (We Action our Values Everyday), our service excellence program through which we are committed to providing great service experiences for our residents, tenants, families and each other. Together, we are living our mission of “Creating Caring Communities”.
We offer competitive salaries, attractive benefits and pension programs, growth through learning and development, and numerous opportunities to give back to the community – just a few of the things that led to Bethany being named one of Alberta’s Top Employers for 11 consecutive years in 2018. It’s simple — we invest in our people because they are the reason for our success.
We are delighted that you are considering joining our team! We are looking for employees who are passionate about people, working to enhance the quality of life at every stage of the journey.
About the Role
Under the direction and supervision of the Supportive Living Supervisor, this position is responsible to perform a variety of services and activities for the semi-independent residents specific to the activities of daily living. Duties may range from supporting residents in maintaining their independence to performing personal care activities on an "as needed" basis and assisting in the implementation of recreational activities with residents and or clients of the adult day program.
What You Will Do
Individual responsibilities will fall under five main areas of focus:
- Resident-Centered Care: Respects the residents’ rights and individuality, while encouraging residents to carry out daily activities and hygiene needs. Performs routine procedures such as bed making, and cleaning. Accountable for assisting residents in making appointments and notifies family of any concerns.
- Documentation: Accountable for evaluating residents ability to care for self and notes when needs are beyond the residents’ competency. Refers issues to Supervisor and informs families of extra care needs.
- Safety: Contributes to a safe environment for residents, team and self by understanding and adhering to safety guidelines and practices at all times. Accountable for accident and injury prevention for one-self, adheres to safe work practices and procedures; and is responsible for maintaining self-awareness and reduced absenteeism.
- Pro-active Learner: Demonstrates the vision and values of Bethany and lives out the mission of Creating Caring Communities. Attends and actively participates in education opportunities, and health and safety training.
- Team Work: Cares for and actively participates and assists the Interdisciplinary Team to achieve and maintain a responsible atmosphere of resident centered care. Promotes constructive caring relationships with the corporate, facility and interdisciplinary support teams, as well as residents, families, volunteers and visitors.
What You Bring
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Personal Care Aide Certificate considered an asset
- Medical Administration Certificate considered an asset
- Experience in Geriatric Care considered an asset
- Able to work effectively in a physically and mentally demanding environment
- Demonstrate ability to understand, speak, read and write effectively in English
- Excellent observation, communication and problem solving skills
Posting Number: 18-1934
Position Number: SLA-AR18-999
Location: Bethany Airdrie
Position Type: Casual
Hours of Work/Shift Per Cycle: Various
How to Apply:
Like what you see and think you have what it takes to join our team? Apply Online before 23:00 on October 01, 2018 at: http://bethanyseniors.com/careers/ Please note this competition may close sooner if a suitable candidate is found
All applicants are thanked for their interest.
Bethany Care Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Successful candidates will be required to obtain a Criminal Background Check.
Bethany Care Society complies with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). By forwarding your resume to Bethany you are consenting to the collection and use of your personal information for this job competition. Your information will be kept strictly confidential.