Permanent Part Time Residential Support Worker Positions Jobs Vacancy in Ywca Hamilton Hamilton
- Permanent Part Time Residential Support Worker Positions
- Ywca Hamilton
- Hamilton ON
- 12 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Ywca Hamilton Hamilton urgently required following position for Permanent Part Time Residential Support Worker Positions. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Permanent Part Time Residential Support Worker Positions Jobs Vacancy in Ywca Hamilton Hamilton Jobs Details:
YWCA Hamilton is dedicated to strengthening women’s and girl’s voices, broadening their choices, building dynamic leadership and providing essential services that promote safe, inclusive and equitable communities
We offer a stimulating and challenging environment that values the diversity of individuals and ideas.
- Opportunity for professional development and growth
- Staff Fitness and Aquatic membership
- Staff discounts for childcare and recreation
This employee will work in an assigned primary 24-hour group living residence for adults with a developmental disability: who may also have a mental health diagnosis, challenging behaviours and/or complex medical needs. They will provide delivery of direct support services to all residents within the home, and ensure the physical and emotional wellbeing and safety/security of all individuals within the residence in alignment with YWCA Hamilton’s Mission and Vision Statements.
· Must have minimum college diploma in Social Service Worker (SSW), Developmental Service Worker (DSW), Community Service Worker (CSW), Personal Support Worker (PSW), or currently enrolled
· Minimum 1-2 years’ work experience in a residential group living setting
· Current Emergency First Aid / CPR Certification or willingness to obtain at own cost
· Current Non Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) Training, Fire Safety, ISP Training an asset
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Good knowledge of community resources
· Proficiency with MS Office Applications including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook
· Working from a feminist, anti-oppressive/anti-racist perspective
· Bilingual English/French or other languages an asset
· Must be able to work designated schedule as assigned
· Must provide current Vulnerable Sector Police Check or willingness to obtain at own cost
· Attend and participate in all YWCA Hamilton mandatory training
· Must be willing to provide pre-employment medical examination and annual self-declarations thereafter
Please Note: The physical demands of the role may include, but are not limited to lifting (up to 25 kg), bending, twisting, reaching, sitting or standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, pulling, and moving constantly throughout the shift.
Please Note: this position is located at Laurier Place
Thank you for your interest in YWCA Hamilton, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please inform us of accommodation requests during interview booking.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent