Postal Clerk Retail And Operations Jobs Vacancy in Canada Post Inuvik
Canada Post Inuvik urgently required following position for Postal Clerk Retail And Operations. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Postal Clerk Retail And Operations Jobs Vacancy in Canada Post Inuvik Jobs Details:
Job Requisition Id: 951
Business Function: Operations Support
Number of Vacancies 4
Job Closing Date (dd/mm/yyyy): 31/12/2018
Discover your future
There’s much more to a fun and exciting work life at Canada Post than a good job with a great company. We’ll help you achieve your full potential. You’ll find opportunities to develop and expand your career, chances to try out new jobs in different areas of the company, or even a complete change of career path.
Experience the dynamic mail operations and retail environment only Canada Post can offer. You maybe required to work shifts and weekends. This temporary on-call position is a great opportunity to learn about the business of mail operations, as well as the great jobs available at Canada Post.
Please note that some offices rotate their staff and a temporary Postal Clerk might be called to work in positions to serve the public at a counter, conduct financial transactions and perform other related duties as required.
- Perform a variety of sales/customer service activities to ensure complete customer satisfaction
- Operate a computer point of sale system
- Maintain floor displays
- Conduct merchandizing and inventory control
- Maintain a high level of postal products, services and delivery knowledge
- Process financial transactions (cash, cheques, debit & credit card payments)
- Receive, sort, sequence and batch mail items
- Operate mail processing equipment (clearing jams, remove mail from sorting machines, etc.) where applicable
- Transport mail between floors/sections using rolling or motorized equipment, where applicable
- Operate a computer to key in data, when applicable
- Review mail items for address accuracy, proper postage, etc.
- Be required to stand in one place for up to 3.5 hours at a time
- Exercise physical effort in the handling of mail items weighting up to 22.7 kilograms (50 lbs) and carrying mail items weighing up to 15.9 kilograms (35 lbs) and bending, reaching, lifting, carrying, etc.
- High School Diploma or provincial equivalent (GED)
- Experience in customer service in a retail environment
- Sales experience is an asset
- Experience working in a production environment is an asset
APPLYING AT CANADA POST – IMPORTANT MESSAGE
In order for your application to be considered you MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS AND ATTACH THEM TO YOUR PROFILE:
- Your resume
- A character reference letter from someone who has known you for 2 years or more (no family members)
Candidate must clearly demonstrate IN THEIR COVER LETTER/RESUME how they meet the education and experience requirements listed in this job advertisement and MUST ATTACH THE REQUESTED documentation when applying. This will enable Canada Post to evaluate your application in a more effective manner.
PLEASE NOTE: Failure to provide this information will result in your application being rejected.
You will be required to pass pre-employment tests, a security screening, and an interview
Canada Post is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and visible minorities.
Conflict of Interest
The Conflict of Interest Policy prohibits employees from hiring, supervising or reporting to, directly or indirectly via the reporting hierarchy, their immediate family or close personal relations. Should you feel that you may be in an actual or potential Conflict of Interest in regard to this job opportunity, you must communicate with the designated Human Resources representative.
If you are contacted by Canada Post regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
Your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements as Canada Post cannot make assumptions about your education and experience. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Canada Post’s corporate values reflect the principles, beliefs and aspirations that guide our behaviour and shape our culture.
Transformation – We will innovate and transform to win in the marketplace.
Customer – We serve Canadians with pride and passion.
Integrity – We act responsibly and with integrity.
Respect – We treat each other with fairness and respect.
Safety – We are committed to a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.