Multi Service Worker Rca Jobs Vacancy in Berwick Retirement Communities Campbell River
Berwick Retirement Communities Campbell River urgently required following position for Multi Service Worker Rca. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Multi Service Worker Rca Jobs Vacancy in Berwick Retirement Communities Campbell River Jobs Details:
Position: BCRMSW5 - Direct Service
Berwick by the Sea, Campbell River, BC
Permanent Part-Time: Sundays & Mondays, Day Shift (7 am - 1:30 pm)
Under the supervision of the General Manager, Manager of Care Services, and ELS Team Lead, the Multi-Service Worker - (RCA) provides assistance to daily living and medication administration for Berwick residents. The RCA must provide assistance in a manner conducive to resident safety, comfort, and dignity, while maintaining choice, independence, and individuality. This position may also be responsible for Emergency Response for the building and its occupants.
The RCA is aware of and conforms to Assisted Living Registrar requirements and applicable internal policies as it relates to Enhanced Living Services.
The successful candidate will be a flexible individual who enjoys multitasking and displays high energy, with the ability to encourage a comfortable, home-like environment for residents, team members, families, and visitors. Encourages and adheres to a holistic philosophy of wellness, recognizing that each resident is capable of, to varying degrees; making decisions about his/her life and is a partner in the decision-making process.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be a graduate from a recognized Residential Care Aide Program
- Medication Administration Certificate
- Food Safe Level 1 Certificate if handling or serving food
- Registered with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry
- A minimum of 3 years experienced in the field of geriatrics, assisted living, and residential care is preferred
- Ability to work well with seniors, their families, and the public
- Tact, sound judgment, confidentiality, patience, reliability, and the ability to treat staff and residents with respect and dignity
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of the intent, philosophy, and core values of assisted living when planning and delivering personal service and hospitality services
- Ability to work with staff as a team is essential
- Good observational, communication, and recording skills
- Valid Emergency First Aid Certificate, CPR, and AED training
- WHMIS Certification
- Computer skills (email, MS Word and Excel) & the ability to read, write, and speak English proficiently and understand verbal and written instructions
- Good interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively interact with the various individuals involved in providing holistic care and service in a flexible resident focused environment
- Must be in good health, physically able to perform repetitive tasks, lift, squat, bend, stand, and walk as required to perform the duties of the position
- Must have knowledge, skills, and training on how to manage and respond to potential harassment in the workplace (verbal, physical and sexual).
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.83 to $22.35 /hour
- Registered Care Aide (Required)