Junior Technical Business Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Ontario Institute For Cancer Research Toronto
Ontario Institute For Cancer Research Toronto urgently required following position for Junior Technical Business Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Junior Technical Business Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Ontario Institute For Cancer Research Toronto Jobs Details:
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research (OICR) is looking for a Junior Technical Business Analyst to contribute to the development of a world-class bioinformatics platforms in cancer genomics. As a successful candidate, you will work closely with its bioinformaticians, business analysts and software engineers to deliver an ambitious roadmap, building the new Kids First Data Portal (https://goo.gl/ibqEvZ) and enhancing our existing projects such as the International Cancer Genome Consortium Data Portal (http://dcc.icgc.org) or the Genomics Data Common Data Portal (https://portal.gdc.cancer.gov). These high-profile data portals provide the research community with advanced and innovative computational tools to access, mine, and visualize the largest cancer genomic datasets produced by DNA sequencing centers worldwide to ultimately cure cancer.
This full-time position is primarily focused on implementation of a variety of projects, including software development, bioinformatics support, enterprise architecture and process re-engineering. As Junior Technical Business Analyst, you will contribute to strategic analysis, requirements management, elicitation and development, process improvement, documentation and implementation for these two initiatives and other international ones in precision oncology led by the OICR. You will translate business needs into detailed functional and technical requirements, working with stakeholders located in multiple geographical locations and validating the solution with the software engineering technical team within OICR.
We are looking for a talented individual with a passion for bioinformatics, software engineering, big data, data mining and visualization. If you are a bioinformatician and have the desire to shift your career towards technical business analysis, are passionate about the field and want to become part of a team building complex environments from the ground up, just get in touch. As a junior team member, you will be mentored by seasoned business analysts and will be given the opportunity to progress in this field.
Want to learn more about our team and projects? Check out: http://softeng.oicr.on.ca/ and http://www.overture.bio/.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Work with product owners and bioinformaticians to identify requirements;
- Document requirements and prepare feature specifications;
- Discuss specifications and obtain sign-off from stakeholders (product owners, software architect, quality assurance);
- When necessary, break-up the specifications into smaller functional features;
- Use a variety of techniques to elicit requirements: analysis of existing systems, benchmark, redaction of user stories, use cases, data flow diagrams, mock-ups, decision tracking, etc.;
- Lead brainstorming sessions;
- During feature implementation, work with developers to ensure feature is being implemented as per specifications;
- During feature validation, contribute to Quality Assurance to verify feature implementation;
- Maintain and update existing specifications and mockups;
- Participate in the creation of user guides.
Qualifications and Expertise:
- University degree in bioinformatics, computer sciences, software engineering or equivalent;
- Three to four years of practical or related experience;
- 1+ years of professional experience in Bioinformatics;
- Familiar with Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Project Management Life Cycle (PMLC) concepts;
- Ability to understand technical concerns;
- Extremely good communication skills;
- Understanding of GitHub, Data Modeling, Software Development tools, Linux/Unix environments.
OICR is an innovative cancer research institute located in the MaRS Centre in the Discovery District in downtown Toronto. OICR is addressing significant challenges in cancer research with multi-disciplinary, multi-institutional teams. New discoveries to prevent, detect and treat cancer will be moved from the bench to practical applications in patients. The OICR team is growing quickly. We are innovative, dedicated professionals who bring expertise to each of our roles. We are looking for individuals interested in being part of a culture of excellence that will result in Ontario being recognized internationally as a leading jurisdiction for cancer research.
Launched in December 2005, OICR is an independent institute funded by the Government of Ontario through the Ministry of Economic Development, Job Creation and Trade.
For more information about OICR, please visit the website at www.oicr.on.ca.
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled
OICR is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please advise the Recruiter to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
The Ontario Institute for Cancer Research thanks all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Resume Format: If you elect to apply, you will need a text or HTML version of your resume so that you can cut and paste it into the application box provided. Before you submit the completed application, you will be asked to attach one or two files to your application. Please attach your resume as a .pdf or .doc file.