Receptionist Jobs Vacancy in Metro Toronto Convention Centre Toronto
Metro Toronto Convention Centre Toronto urgently required following position for Receptionist. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Receptionist Jobs Vacancy in Metro Toronto Convention Centre Toronto Jobs Details:
As a multi-award winning facility, the Metro Toronto Convention Centre has hosted over 18,000 events and has entertained over 55 million guests. With 460,000 sq ft of exhibit space, including two multi-purpose ballrooms, and a beautiful 1,232-seat theatre, it is no wonder over 500 events are hosted every year. Whether the event is of a grand or intimate nature, the Metro Toronto Convention Centre pairs unrivalled service and quality with a warm, yet striking setting that makes a lasting impression on guests.
Interested in joining a fast-paced hospitality team? Then we may be the fit you're looking for!
The Human Resources Department is currently seeking to fill a full-time permanent position of Receptionist. Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, this position as the first point of contact is responsible for creating a positive experience for clients and visitors to The Centre. If you have a passion for customer service, have a professional appearance, are personable, resourceful and demonstrate the ability to maintain calm and work independently under pressure, this position is right for you.
- Act as the first point of contact for clients and visitors to MTCC, both in person and over the telephone
- Provide a positive customer service experience by greeting visitors, responding to calls and inquiries promptly and providing updated event information
- Ship and receive packages in a timely and effective manner
- Coordinate adequate Reception relief coverage due to breaks and absences
- Handle all internal boardroom and Human Resources bookings in EBMS system
- Maintain accurate reception procedure manuals
- Oversee the Reception Ambassador Program, ensuring Ambassadors are kept up to date with training and process changes
- Update phone lists and organizational charts to reflect personnel movement throughout organization
- Create and post LCD slides for various announcements
- Distribute monthly TTC passes
- Coordinate movie ticket and social committee event sales
- Act as Secretary on the Social Committee, taking meeting minutes, assisting with administration of the committee, and leading and/or volunteering at events.
- Support the HR & other operational teams where business allows
Job Skills and Requirements
- 6 months to 1 year of similar receptionist or relevant face to face customer interaction experience
- Fluency in English is essential; fluency in French would be an asset
- Experience in handling a busy switchboard
- Pleasant and professional telephone manner
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Knowledge of the local area an asset
This position works Monday through Friday from 8:30am-5pm.
Interested applicants are asked to submit their application online no later than:
July 27, 2018
Please note: The Metro Toronto Convention Centre is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. During any stage of the recruitment process, applicants have the right to request accommodation.