Program Assistant Jobs Vacancy in British Columbia Institute Technology Bcit Burnaby
British Columbia Institute Technology Bcit Burnaby urgently required following position for Program Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Program Assistant Jobs Vacancy in British Columbia Institute Technology Bcit Burnaby Jobs Details:
The Program Assistant ensures the efficient operation of the program by providing day-to-day clerical assistance and administrative support for the program.
In addition to compiling information from various systems and sources into presentations and reports, the Program Assistant is responsible for file management for the department. The Program Assistant provides a high level of customer service to both internal and external stakeholders.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC's Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensation package which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension plan.
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
- Compiles information, data, tables and spreadsheets from various sources into reports and presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Manages electronic and hard-copy filing, developing and maintaining an efficient system and process documentation.
- Prepares, inputs, and maintains information and documentation in student placement management systems (e.g., HSPnet, Preceptor website).
- Maintains department website and ensures information is current and accurate.
- Provide information to students through phone calls, email and mail.
- Processes orders for educational materials, collects and maintains invoices as required.
- Creates documents, correspondence and presentations (e.g., Preceptor letters).
- Organizes and secures meeting room reservations.
- Coordinates and organizes ancillary services (e.g., catering, printing, etc.)
- Troubleshoots equipment issues; initiates service and maintenance documentation and requests for the department; follows up with internal and external providers on requests through to completion.
- Develops and implements administrative processes and ensures consistency with BCIT procedures.
- Undertakes clerical duties, including filing, photocopying and, tracking, ordering and distribution of materials and supplies, and distribution of information as requested.
- Provides support and backup to other positions during staff absence or during peak periods.
- Participates in Records Custodian training and remains current with record keeping practices, policies and procedures (both BCIT and FOIPOP).
- Undertakes related duties as assigned, consistent with the job grade of this position.
- Grade 12 completion, plus completion of one year of full-time post-secondary education in business administration or;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Two years of general experience plus six months of current, relevant experience in a position of similar responsibility.
Software/Computer Application(s) and Expertise:
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Experience with web design software.
- Proven ability and willingness to learn and utilize new technology and computer programs.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to provide outstanding customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to communicate with internal and external contacts with tact, diplomacy and professionalism.
Administrative Skills (e.g. prioritizing, minute taking, wp speed, etc.):
- Accurate keyboarding skills of 60 wpm.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems, establish priorities, manage multiple deadlines and work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational skills, with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Please note: These are the minimum required qualifications. This position is a dayshift position as defined in Article 14.1 of the Collective Agreement.