Financial Analyst Real Estate Investment Finance Jobs Vacancy in Manulife Toronto
Manulife Toronto urgently required following position for Financial Analyst Real Estate Investment Finance. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Financial Analyst Real Estate Investment Finance Jobs Vacancy in Manulife Toronto Jobs Details:
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Financial Analyst, Real Estate Investment Finance will be responsible for the oversight, process and production of quality control check for the Net Asset Value (“NAV”) of the third party Real Estate investment products.
Real Estate Fund Service Group consists of Investment Operations professionals who support the Real Estate Investment, Fund Valuation (IFRS and US GAAP), Transfer Agent, and Client Reporting processes:
Prepare daily NAV Review and Supporting Packages
- Prepare timely and accurate Net Assets Values, distributions, and other fund accounting output for subsequent review
- Oversee daily, monthly & quarterly Fund Administration deliverables with the Administrator
- Identify exceptions and problems affecting accounting records and research underlying cause
- Liaison with Administrator teams for daily/monthly processing
- Compile inputs from internal groups and compare the impact on the NAV
Ensure administrators book of record reconciles to internal data
- Ensure that trial balances reconcile to supporting back up
- Analyze the variances considering the impacting factors on the fund
- Produce reconciliations to ensure that balance sheet and income statement items such as market value, cost, cash, operating income, interest expense and appraisal gains and losses reconcile from internal book of records to the administrator’s books
Production of internal reporting package
- Prepare monthly and quarterly real estate reporting
- Maintain and develop financial models to report real estate metrics.
- Updating Questionnaires, Client reporting templates and ad hoc reporting.
- Completion of quality controls on internal reporting
- Assist on accounts payable process
- Strong focus on collaboration and relationships with various internal and external stakeholders
- Assist with ad-hoc projects and new initiatives within the department
- University of College education with background related to Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CFA designation preferred or currently pursuing CPA/CFA designation
- A minimum of 2 years of experience with exposure to the real estate investment industry or financial reporting experience in a control-oriented/highly regulated environment
- Ability to collect, organize and analyze information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Well organized and with high level of energy and initiative to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment
- Ability to multi-task, effectively prioritize, work under tight timelines and manage multiple stakeholders;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Excel and other MS office tools
- Property Accounting experience is an asset (Yardi)
If you are ready to unleash your potential it’s time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.