Logistics Fleet Manager Jobs Vacancy in Mama Earth Organics Toronto
Mama Earth Organics Toronto urgently required following position for Logistics Fleet Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Logistics Fleet Manager Jobs Vacancy in Mama Earth Organics Toronto Jobs Details:
The logistics/fleet manager is one of the most vital parts of our quest to build a true local food system in Toronto. You’ll oversee our excellent roster of drivers and our fleet of vans and trucks. The ideal person is super organized, proactive, analytical and also emotionally intelligent.
As the Logistics/fleet manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring that every route that goes out is on time and as efficient as possible. You’ll also be organizing and monitoring a maintenance schedule to ensure that all of our vehicles are in top working condition.
The ideal candidate is someone who loves to be challenged daily and who is a perfectionist. The range and scope of our deliveries is such that we need to constantly ensure that the routes are always reevaluated and optimized. This ensures that our members always receive their orders on time and with the utmost convenience.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Driving team (of approximately 30 people):
- Coordinating driver training and ensure all methods and processes are covered
- Helping to create an environment of continuous improvement and mindfulness
- Supporting and give feedback to drivers
- Implementing long term solutions and immediate daily follow up on issues
- Conduct regular driver reviews to evaluate and set individual goals
- Route Efficiency
- Tracking and analyzing key daily/weekly metrics
- Identifying and addressing route inefficiencies daily,
- Regularly monitor GPS tracking software reports and alerts
- Van fleet
- Track and maintain a maintenance schedule for entire fleet of vehicles
- Communicate regularly with mechanics to ensure vehicles are well maintained and work is finished in a timely manner with minimal operational impact
- Ensuring a full roster of drivers is scheduled daily
- Communicating with warehouse and packing teams; making plans and adapting to any daily delays
- Communicate and work closely with customer service team and make plans for any delays or van issues on a daily basis
- Be available to communicate with drivers until approximately 7pm while drivers are delivering (this rarely happens)
- Fill in when needed for driving
- Experience managing/leading: You have experience managing/leading a team
- Analytical: You’re at home with numbers, spreadsheets and maps and can work with them at a high level
- Accountable: You have an ownership mindset and take full responsibility for tasks
- Positive: You’re naturally happy, caring, encouraging, relaxed and rational
- Interest/Knowledge: You’re interested/passionate about organic food/environmental/local food
- Leadership ability: You’re able to coach/mentor the team to help it thrive
- Time Management: You can prioritize and implement effectively
- Problem Solving: You’re able to find solutions, think critically and take initiative
- Work ethic: You love to work in a busy, fast paced environment
Monday to Friday
7am - 4pm (monitor driver manager phone until approx 7pm)
Includes generous salary (based on experience/background), excellent benefits program, “staff” pricing on organic food and produce - and working towards building something that you are passionate about and proud of, alongside really nice/smart people, for an organization that truly believes in work/life balance.
About Mama Earth
Our mission is to build a locally-based food system that benefits consumers and local farmers in and around Toronto. Our goal is to build a platform for our farmers and also for our members to access those farms. Our focus is local, organic, small-scale grown or produced food that tastes really good.
We deliver directly to our members’ homes, throughout the greater GTA, on a weekly basis.
Our intergalactic headquarters are located in East Toronto and is around 16,000 square feet. We’re a progressive organization and we’re genuinely focused on the overall happiness, health and balance/mindfulness of our staff.
We’re also growing quickly (we’re consistently named one of the fastest growing companies in Canada each year). At this stage in our growth, we’re focused on building the strongest, smartest team and creating the best possible environment for us to work in. We’re passionate and believe greatly in what we’re trying to accomplish.
Please forward your resume with cover lettertouching on the following questions:
- Why you would be a good fit for this position
- Your style of leading/managing people
- Why you left (or would like to leave) your last position
Your resume/cover letter can be sent to heather[at]mamaearthteam.ca
We kindly ask that you apply via email only, please no phone calls. Thanks very much for your interest – good luck!!
Job Type: Full-time
- management: 1 year (Required)
- Toronto, ON (Required)
- G (Required)