Regional Hospitality Manager Jobs Vacancy in The Good Samaritan Society Edmonton
The Good Samaritan Society Edmonton urgently required following position for Regional Hospitality Manager. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Regional Hospitality Manager Jobs Vacancy in The Good Samaritan Society Edmonton Jobs Details:
The Good Samaritan Society/Good Samaritan Canada (GSS) is committed to achieving and maintaining excellence in health, safety, wellness and the environment in all of its operations. Maintaining a safe working culture is everyone’s responsibility. We must continually identify, assess, report and control possible risks to the health and safety of ourselves, our co-workers, volunteers, contractors, our residents and the public within the communities, which we operate.
Reporting to the Director of Hospitality, Support Services, the Regional Hospitality Manager is an integral member of the Support Service team. The Support Service team is collectively responsible for achieving the overarching goals of the organization’s strategic plan that informs the goals of VP of Support Services and Business Development and the Director of Hospitality.
- Post secondary education in Hospitality Management, Red Seal Chef or Registered Dietitian
- Current membership with Canadian Society of Nutrition Management is required
- BC EMPLOYEE: Food Safe 1 (post July 29, 2013) and Food Safe Level 2 or equivalent
- ALBERTA EMPLOYEE: Food Safety Certificate or equivalent
- Current WHMIS Certification
- Class 5 Driving license and clean drivers abstract
- Five years in hospitality management with experience in supervising staff and managing operational budgets in the complex health care industry, primarily in long-term care Experience with relevant food and product vendors
- Intermediate level user of MS Office
- Experience in Health Care Housekeeping/ Laundry Services including Infection Control
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Alberta and British Columbia Long Term Care and Supportive Living Accommodation Standards
- Sound food, environmental and laundry product knowledge
- Effective work practice as accountable, dependable and flexible, perseveres, sets goals and meets deadlines, and is results oriented
- Knowledge of recruiting, training and managing food service, housekeeping and laundry staff
- Knowledge of OH&S legislation and processes for food service, housekeeping and laundry 2
- Knowledge of union contracts and collective agreements
- Knowledge of scheduling systems for staffing
- Excellent customer (internal and external) service and relationship building skills with demonstrated flexibility to accommodate client needs
- Must be results oriented, accountable, dependable and have superior organizational skills in setting goals and meeting deadlines
- Accessible to work after hours for travel and to attend functions, meetings and emergencies, as required
- Knowledge of computer applications (email, internet, and webinars) and experience in using multiple communication tools to optimize communication to all sites (i.e. electronic, teleconference, fax etc.)
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to deal effectively with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Strong verbal, written, interpersonal communications and problem solving skills
- Responsible for assigned projects as directed
- Responsible for annual site budgets for food, housekeeping and laundry, taking into account operational and staffing requirements
- Travel to the sites within the assigned region –up to 50% of work time either during the day or overnight
- Responsible for ensuring daily, weekly and monthly audits and documentation are completed and maintained in an accurate and timely manner in accordance with provincial, health authority and organizational guidelines
- Implements, monitors and maintains all required legal documents in compliance with the provincial, health authority and organizational guidelines
- Implements seasonal menus, snack menus, holiday choices and all supporting documents at each site; stores documents for legal compliance and as per records retention
- Develops, implements and maintains all hospitality training, roll outs and projects
- Other duties as required
All new employees are required to submit:
- a current and clear Criminal Record Check and if applicable, a Vulnerable Sector Check that has been obtained no more than 90 calendar days prior to the hire date;
- a tuberculosis screening that has been completed no more than 12 months prior to the hire date.
Job Type: Full-time