Financial Analyst Jobs Vacancy in City Mississauga Mississauga
City Mississauga Mississauga urgently required following position for Financial Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Financial Analyst Jobs Vacancy in City Mississauga Mississauga Jobs Details:
In this role, you will analyze, support and consolidate the preparation and presentation of budget and business plan submissions. You will also have the opportunity to monitor and report on the operational and capital budgets. We will also rely on you to ensure accuracy, compliance and timeliness of financial information on an ongoing basis.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Consolidate the department capital and/or operating budgets.
- Co-ordinate and perform updates to the Salary and Wage budget, citywide.
- Monitor and report on Full Time Equivalents, citywide.
- Co-ordinate the detailed development of the operating budget for the Financial Transactions business unit.
- Produce overall City Business Plan and Budget.
- Draft budget related bylaws for Council approval.
- Prepare and present financial information to senior management.
- Monitor, analyze and report on the financial activity and forecasted year-end results in the form of a corporate report to Leadership Team and General Committee.
- Develop reporting tools and review financial processes to improve financial management in assigned business units.
- Evaluate options and recommend appropriate courses of action.
- Ensure adherence to budget/financial policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance and assistance to departmental staff with the preparation of the financial components of business plans and corporate reports.
- Liaise regularly with department Finance.
- Develop and implement financial models as required.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- A professional accounting designation (CPA-CMA/CGA/CA) and/or post-secondary degree in Business or Accounting is required.
- Minimum of five years of relevant experience in a finance or budgeting environment with emphasis on financial and strategic planning, reporting, analysis and forecasting.
- Municipal experience is preferred.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is required;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to influence and communicate effectively
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of and ability to work with SAP, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Sharepoint.
- Experience with Questica Budget would be an asset.
Hours of Work: 35
Work Location: Civic Centre
Department/Division/Section: CPS/Corporate Services Dept , CPS/Finance Division , Business Planning & Reporting
Non-Union/Union: Non Union