Applied Public Health Science Specialist Comprehensive Tobacco Control Jobs Vacancy in Ontario Agency For Health Protection And Promotion Public Toronto
- Applied Public Health Science Specialist Comprehensive Tobacco Control
- Ontario Agency For Health Protection And Promotion Public
- Toronto ON
- 22 Sep, 2018 30+ days ago
Ontario Agency For Health Protection And Promotion Public Toronto urgently required following position for Applied Public Health Science Specialist Comprehensive Tobacco Control. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Applied Public Health Science Specialist Comprehensive Tobacco Control Jobs Vacancy in Ontario Agency For Health Protection And Promotion Public Toronto Jobs Details:
Position Title: Applied Public Health Science Specialist - Comprehensive Tobacco Control
Department: Applied Science
Duration: Permanent Full-time
Location: 480 University Ave #300
Compensation Group: AMAPCEO
Position Status: Open
Internal applicants to be considered first
Salary: $90,184 to $126,249
Posting Date: September 21, 2018
Closing Date: October 8, 2018
To provide subject matter expertise, advice and leadership in comprehensive tobacco control to internal and external PHO audiences in order to support evidence-informed public health policies, programs and practices.
Internal applicants to be considered first.
- Provides subject matter-specific applied scientific and technical expertise in comprehensive tobacco control to various audiences including externally with the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health, Ontario provincial ministries, Medical Officers of Health, public health unit staff, other health professionals and their networks and organizations across Ontario, as well as internally within PHO:
- Leads and/or contributes to initiatives that support Ontario’s Public Health Standards.
- Identifies population health assessment, surveillance and evaluation requirements, evidence-informed best practices, health equity impacts and implementation considerations.
- Represents PHO with public health and health care system partners, Ontario provincial ministries, and provincial and national advisory committees to facilitate and/or participate in discussions on gaps and priorities, in order to influence PHO planning and inform provincial public health policy, legislation and other initiatives.
- Ensures that scientific methodology guides all decision making and the development of PHO products, procedures and activities as these relate to comprehensive tobacco control:
- Applies scientific methods to the development and delivery of PHO evidence synthesis, program evaluations, and the identification of best practices to promote health in comprehensive tobacco control, in concert with PHO program staff
- Develops and advises on standards, guidelines, methodologies and procedures used by PHO program staff, including scientific review of work by PHO program staff
- Develops and implements strategies to continuously improve rigour and relevance of PHO knowledge products and services
- Contributes substantive content and knowledge of the practice context to the development and conduct of research projects e.g., through contributions to study background and rationale, literature reviews, study design, methodology, analysis and knowledge exchange.
- Leads and/or contributes to cross-functional project teams to generate and synthesize evidence and disseminate scientific knowledge, including mobilizing expert team members, assigning project tasks, providing guidance and ensuring quality and timely products.
- Prepares and/or contributes to briefing and issues notes, letters, speeches, presentations, reports, summaries, and position papers for senior management and in response to correspondence.
- Provides response support in a health emergency as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A PhD in the area of comprehensive tobacco control combined with a minimum of 5 years of practice-relevant experience in a public health-related setting. A candidate with a Master’s degree in a relevant public health-related program combined with a minimum 10 years of applied comprehensive tobacco control practice experience in a public health-related setting may also be considered.