Engineering Intern Jobs Vacancy in Iko Industries Ltd Madoc
Iko Industries Ltd Madoc urgently required following position for Engineering Intern. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Engineering Intern Jobs Vacancy in Iko Industries Ltd Madoc Jobs Details:
IKO Industries Ltd. is a global leader in the manufacture and supply of asphaltic and bituminous waterproofing products. IKO is a family owned, Canadian operated business with production facilities throughout North America and Europe. IKO Industries Ltd. has been committed to manufacturing quality roofing products since 1951. Our company motto is "Setting the Standard" and that is what we do; set the standard for quality, durability, and innovation. The company's branded materials are specified for house building, commercial property and engineering structures in many countries worldwide. Please visit www.iko.com for more information.
At our Madoc, ON facility we mine, manufacture and distribute coloured granules for our shingles. The Madoc facility is comprised of a 400 acre open pit mining operation, industrial manufacturing plant (crushing and colouring), product distribution services and on-going construction projects. As this is a facility that includes the mining and crushing of rock, the work environment can be quite harsh. The plant is not climate controlled, and the nature of our process creates dusty and dirty conditions within the facility. Open grating on platforms and stairs are used to access all 5 levels of both plants. Madoc is a rural community of approximately 1000 people located a 30 minute drive north of Belleville, ON. The IKO plant is located in the country 5 kms west of Madoc. Candidates must arrange for their own transportation - this is a very rural setting and no form of public transportation is available.
The job responsibilities consist of a combination of maintenance duties, project management and design engineering (all depending on student's capability) Some of the responsibilities include:
- Manage aspects of implementing capital and non capital projects on or before schedule, at or under budget
- Assist in designing, installing and commissioning new production units, monitoring modifications and upgrades, and troubleshooting existing processes;
- Contribute in defining project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management
- Track project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations to ensure mutual understanding of project deliverables, status and results at all organizational levels
- Updating instructional documentation by shadowing employees on their daily routines
- Work closely with hourly employees on the shop floor and the JHSC to come up with solutions to improve Safety
- Basic detail and conceptual design skills; proficient with MS Office
- Excellent organization, analytical, problem solving & trouble shooting skills
- Strong communication (written, verbal, and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team, develop and maintain relationships with a wide range of people/personalities
- Interest in heavy production and mining applications
- Demonstrated commitment to accuracy, quality, detail and time management while meeting goals, budget and deadlines
- Experience with MP2, AutoCAD, Inventor 3D, or Maximo considered an asset
APPLICATION DEADLINE = Wednesday, 5th December 2018
START DATE = Wednesday, 2nd January 2019 or Monday, 7th January 2019
Job Type: Internship