Assertive Outreach Suicide Prevention Worker Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Mental Health Association Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge Branch Kawartha Lakes
- Assertive Outreach Suicide Prevention Worker
- Canadian Mental Health Association Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge Branch
- Kawartha Lakes ON
- 15 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Canadian Mental Health Association Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge Branch Kawartha Lakes urgently required following position for Assertive Outreach Suicide Prevention Worker. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Assertive Outreach Suicide Prevention Worker Jobs Vacancy in Canadian Mental Health Association Haliburton Kawartha Pine Ridge Branch Kawartha Lakes Jobs Details:
Full time: 75 hours bi-weekly until September 2019
The Assertive Outreach Suicide Prevention Worker (A.O.S.P.W.) provides intensive brief services to individuals who have been treated for suicidal behavior and who are considered to be a significant risk for repeated or ongoing suicidal behavior. The A.O.S.P.W. carries out these duties as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, working in partnership with local hospitals.
- Work closely and collaboratively with referral sources at local hospital to identify clients who require assertive follow up following a serious suicide attempt
- Work from a trauma-informed and concurrent-disorder-informed approach
- Assist individuals with development and implementation of safety plans for suicide prevention and recovery
- Advocate and make appropriate referrals, with consent, for needed services and supports as identified in the client’s service plan
Requirements of the Position:
Completed university degree in the social work or health science disciplines.
Three (3) years’ experience, working in the mental health field as a case manager
Concurrent disorder or addictions experience
Assets to bring to this Position:
- Completion of a Master’s degree, e.g. Masters of Social Work
- Formal education in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Dialectical Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, Concurrent Disorders and/or Trauma-Informed Therapy
- Work in an office setting within C.M.H.A., local hospital and in the community, and in clients’ homes
- Flexible hours to meet needs of client and families
- Transport clients in personal vehicle
F*or full details on this and other opportunities, visit: www.cmhahkpr.ca careers*
Deadline for application: October 30, 2018
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. C.M.H.A. H.K.P.R. Branch endorses the principles of workplace equity and workforce diversity. Qualified designated members are encouraged to apply.
C.M.H.A. H.K.P.R. welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $26.09 to $28.21 /hour
- CBT/DBT/MI: 1 year (Preferred)
- working in the mental health field: 3 years (Required)
- DCS / DEC (Required)
- Driver's Licence (Preferred)