Cloudops Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Vivonet Vancouver
Vivonet Vancouver urgently required following position for Cloudops Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Cloudops Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Vivonet Vancouver Jobs Details:
We are hiring a Sr. CloudOps Engineer to be part of our DevOps journey as we advance our dev culture, and processes as well as new technology adoption. Working in collaboration with the DevOps team, the Sr. CloudOps Engineer is key member of a tight knit, cross functional team, who has a wide breadth of responsibilities for maintaining and improving our AWS based cloud infrastructure comprised of 80% Linux and 20% Enterprise Windows, with a large focus on automating any repeatable task and better utilization of AWS as a platform.
- You have a passion for making the customer the focus of everything you do.
- You want to have an impact, disrupt the status quo and be part of collective success.
As part of your role, you will:
- Maintain, scale and optimize cloud operations with AWS and other cloud solutions
- Advocate for best practices, and processes to help build a DevOps culture and processes
- Ensure the stability and security of services, including lifecycle planning for networks, servers, shared and hosted services (Tomcat, Apache, IIS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Manage monitoring/alerting of services, and provide proactive advice regarding system performance
- Analyze, diagnose and resolve issues as needed
- Automation using shell scripting in enterprise environments
- Configuration Management (Chef, Salt, Terraform, Cloud Formation )
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions that will enhance the efficiency of business processes
- Coordinate and work with the Infrastructure team and the Product Group, balancing support and maintenance with project initiatives
- Provide support for escalation to team members
- Work within a 24/7 environment, as part of the on-call rotation (on-call compensation is available).
Required Talents and Experience:
- Diploma in Computer Administration or related discipline plus a minimum of 3 years experience. A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with Amazon Web Services or other cloud solutions.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with Linux
- Experience with Windows Server Enterprise
- Solid understanding of clustering and load-balancing
The nice to haves:
- Experience with Scripting (Bash, Python, Peal, PowerShell, etc.)
- Oracle and MySQL databases
- Great sense of humor
- AWS Certifications
- You’ve read the Phoenix Project
Please note: As of September 14, 2018, Vivonet has been acquired by Infor: https://www.infor.com/company/news/pressroom/pressreleases/infor-acquires-vivonet/
Infor is one of the world's largest providers of hospitality software. Its customers include 6 of the top 10 largest hotel brands, and its products are in use at almost 20,000 hotel and casino locations worldwide. Infor Hospitality solutions, which include robust capabilities for property management, revenue management, asset and incident management, analytics, and artificial intelligence, will be extended with POS from Vivonet.
Situated in the heart of Downtown Vancouver, within minutes of Stanley Park, the West End and the Seawall, Vivonet is a leading provider of cloud-based technology solutions for the hospitality industry. Processing millions of transactions every month for customers across Canada and the United States, our mission is to help every hospitality business in the world succeed by turning transactions and customer data into insights and opportunities.
If you are interested in the position outlined above, please apply with your resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
All offers of employment are subject to Canadian criminal record checks and credit checks due to payment card industry compliance standards.