Music Education Specialist Piano Voice Teacher Group Private Jobs Vacancy in Merriam Music Oakville
- Music Education Specialist Piano Voice Teacher Group Private
- Merriam Music
- Oakville ON
- 18 Oct, 2018 30+ days ago
Merriam Music Oakville urgently required following position for Music Education Specialist Piano Voice Teacher Group Private. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Music Education Specialist Piano Voice Teacher Group Private Jobs Vacancy in Merriam Music Oakville Jobs Details:
For more than 30 years, Merriam Music has been bringing music to life for life for thousands of families. Our reputation for excellence in music education, instrument retail and leading edge innovation is legendary in the music industry and it’s all because of the great people who work here.
If you love and play music to a high standard and are inspired to share your musical experiences with youth and adults alike, you’ll enjoy being part of our Music Education Specialist Team.
We are looking for candidates for our Vaughan Location.
Understand Merriam Music product offers
- Go through orientation training in order to understand the full Merriam School of Music offering (lessons, programs, policies and basic instruments) in order to maximize the experience of students and families
- Continue to attend monthly teacher meetings in order to understand roles and responsibilities within each new initiative, program or approach and to learn how to best communicate these to customers and students effectively
- Review all organizational newsletters and communications in order to remain informed about events and opportunities for students and families to participate beyond in the full program offering
Teach group/private lessons
- Reference provided long-term plans to create individual class/lesson plans
- Utilize the resources through the Resource Library Plan to augment the level of student engagement during lessons
- Creatively deliver organized and thoughtfully built lessons that engage both the parents and students and ensure motivation to continue practicing throughout the week
- Engage with parents from time to time to identify any potential barriers to student progress and ensure they are feeling heard and supported in the process of resolution
Complete administrative duties on time
- Follow up with internal and external request within a 24-hour window
- Complete all parents/teacher interview write-ups, streaming notes, attendance etc. as required by your program
- Translate customer questions, issues and concerns into positive experiences and resolutions for customer. Inform the correct administrative or management support people of the issues and how you’ve addressed them
Create a high standard customer experience in every interaction
- Participate in ongoing training and development for customer engagement techniques
- Participate in cross-functional teams to share service and teaching techniques that are successful, and to address customer and industry trends
- Proactively follow up with customers if any student progress issues are identified through lessons in order to address them immediately. Change approach to lesson delivery to address these issues and support student success and retention.
- High performance standard on primary instrument (audition required)
- Ability to translate complex musical concepts to easy and accessible instruction for students (audition required)
- Proven supportive administrative task completion
- Highly organized yet able to adapt to changing needs
- Able to establish relationships with new people quickly
- Excellent communicator (beyond written and verbal to include listening and questioning)
- Diffuse conflict situations with tact and empathy
- Take a personal interest in the success of the student and the experience of the family
- Passion for music and sharing music
Job Type: Part-time
- Teaching: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred)