Business Analyst Specialist Securities Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Toronto
Bmo Financial Group Toronto urgently required following position for Business Analyst Specialist Securities. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Business Analyst Specialist Securities Jobs Vacancy in Bmo Financial Group Toronto Jobs Details:
Safekeeping (SKOPE): real-time platform providing clearance, settlement, and securities servicing for US Commercial clients. Customers interact with SKOPE through OLBB, SWIFT or Private Network and secure file transmissions. SKOPE is hosted in-house and is fully supported by the Bank.
In order to be successful in this role, the candidates should:
- Have previous experience as a Business Analyst in the Securities area
- Have previous experience interacting directly with the Business (Product Managers) to obtain requirements and work in conjunction with the Technical (Operations) Team to provide the best service possible for the LOB
- Be able to create res cases and write test scripts
- Have some previous experience with applications development and databases, preferably SQL, and knowledge of J2EE, WebSphere and be able to create Oracle queries (this would be seen as a huge asset)
- Gathers requirements and documents these requirements for use within the project life cycle.
- Assists in the preparation of end-user materials.
- Participates in the creation of use cases and user expected results to ensure that software is delivered to end users with zero Severity 1 or Severity 2 defects.
- Plans and conducts third-party software analysis as needed for inclusion in the project solution.
- Anticipates and reduces complexity for others.
- Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities, and recommends solutions to enable the organization to meet its goals
- Analyzes data and creates documents and plans in service of informing, advising, or updating stakeholders
- Ensures the requirements map to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meets essential quality standards
- Works with project stakeholders to validate their requirements and analysis models via techniques such as reviews and walkthroughs.
- Participates in reviews or inspections, in collaboration with the project team, to ensure the quality of work products.
- Ensures system specifications meet the business unit expectations/ requirements, and negotiate solutions.
- Maintains existing requirements to ensure that current state needs are known.
- Develops and implements data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality.
- Identifies, analyzes, and interprets trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Filters and “cleans” data, and reviews computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems.
- Understands and communicates technical and architectural complexities of a technical solution so that project stakeholders can easily understand.
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports.
- Recommends approaches to streamline and integrate technological processes in the organization to improve overall efficiency
- Supports the execution of key improvement initiatives using data-driven insights to deliver positive financial and customer outcomes.
- Develops, recommends, and employs productivity aids in all aspects of assignments to accelerate delivery.
- Understands the scope of complexity that exists across business value, technology, and interaction models.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning
- Generally 2-4 years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or B.S./B.A. in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Possesses analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates applied knowledge of one or more analysis and problem decomposition techniques
- Understands complete Software Development Life Cycle and can apply the applicable portions of the ‘Feasibility,’ ‘Requirements,” and ‘Analysis’ phases.
- Demonstrates writing and documentation skills.
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes involved in their area of support
- Remains alert to new techniques for insights, analytics, and data visualization, and thinks about new ways of applying them.
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Information Technology
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organisation Technology Canada-X000068
Job Posting 01/12/18
Unposting Date 01/26/18