Ground Control Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Alamos Gold Inc Dubreuilville
Alamos Gold Inc Dubreuilville urgently required following position for Ground Control Engineer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Ground Control Engineer Jobs Vacancy in Alamos Gold Inc Dubreuilville Jobs Details:
Reporting to the Senior Engineer, the successful candidate will work within the engineering team and in collaboration with other mine departments. This role will focus on applying sound engineering and rock mechanics principles to: ensure excavations stability and designing stope support to minimize dilution and ground failures. He/She will be assisting the Senior Engineer in providing coaching and guidance to the ground control department team members. The candidate will also be responsible to lead the ground control group in the absence of the Senior Engineer. Working in a challenging fast paced underground mine environment as part of a strong team will provide the candidate with significant development opportunities.Responsibilities
- Assist ground control team in rehab print preparation;
- Conduct underground inspections with other ground control department members;
- Take part in micro-seismic monitoring data analysis;
- Perform geomechanical mapping of different underground excavations;
- Assist in secondary support print drafting (cable layouts, shotcrete prints etc.);
- Maintain and use stress modeling software to help design of UG excavations;
- Coach and mentor ground control team members;
- Perform any other tasks in relation to ground control activities;
- Must possess a recognized Bachelor’s degree in Mining or Geological Engineering.
- Between 4-7 years of underground mining experience, with a minimum of 2 years in ground-control.
- Excellent knowledge in underground narrow vein mining (long-hole preferred).
- Experience in microseismic monitoring and data analysis.
- Experience in ground support system design would be considered as asset.
- The individual should have demonstrated, leadership, a high level of energy, self-motivation and strong organizational skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail, able to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Genuine sense of urgency in production matters and being proactive in solution finding.
- The incumbent will demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with Promine, Autocad, Map3D, Phase 2, Unwedge and ESG software will be highly regarded.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is required.