Feedlot Worker Processing Crew Jobs Vacancy in Kcl Cattle Company Lethbridge
Kcl Cattle Company Lethbridge urgently required following position for Feedlot Worker Processing Crew. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Feedlot Worker Processing Crew Jobs Vacancy in Kcl Cattle Company Lethbridge Jobs Details:
The primary role of the feedlot worker is to ensure optimal herd health through proper induction and re-handling of cattle. They are responsible for the proper administration of vaccines, implants, ear tags, etc. when processing cattle. The feedlot worker is responsible for recording accurate weights and sorting cattle as required for marketing purposes. The feedlot worker assists the feedlot manager in all aspects of the feedlot, yard and pen maintenance while providing a low-stress environment for cattle.
- Follow all standard operation procedures for processing cattle.
- Adhere to cattle processing schedules as instructed by Feedlot Manager.
- Count cattle before and after indoctrination, sorting, weighing, implanting, boostering, etc.
- Record animal ID and any treatments that may be necessary beyond the processing protocol (i.e. band castrations, pink-eyes, abscesses).
- Prepare and move cattle from one area to another, including shipping and receiving cattle.
- Follow all procedures for handling, restraining and moving cattle.
- Communicate with Pen Checkers regarding cattle movements.
- Clean and maintain facilities, pens and equipment daily.
- Other duties as assigned by Operations Manager or Feedlot Manager(s)
Education, Qualifications & Experience
- High School diploma is preferred
- Post Secondary Education in a related field is an asset
- Experience working in the Agriculture industry is preferred
- Experience working on a feedlot is an asset
- Cattle Health Experience is preferred
Why Work for KCL Cattle Company?
- Competitive Wages
- Employee Housing, if available
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Benefits
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent