Employment Peer Facilitator Jobs Vacancy in Stride Milton
Stride Milton urgently required following position for Employment Peer Facilitator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Employment Peer Facilitator Jobs Vacancy in Stride Milton Jobs Details:
STRIDE (Supported Training and Rehabilitation in Diverse Environments) is a Halton based vocational rehabilitation program whose primary purpose is to serve the employment needs of individuals who are facing mental health and/or addiction issues.
The Employment Peer Facilitator will have the opportunity to gain experience in office administration tasks as well as supporting peers working towards wellness goals.
- Provide agency information to individuals in person or over the phone
- Assist peers in various activities such as, community re-integration and developing effective work habits
- Support peers managing their mental health challenges in the workplace
- Advocate on behalf of peers
- Assist in public education and program promotion as needed
- Assist in completing intake assessments, wellness plans, and Core OCANs with peers
- Work in cooperation and collaboration with other STRIDE staff to provide individual support to peers and assist them in problem solving, decision making, and realistic employment goal setting.
- Assist in navigating mental health services in the community
- Provide mentorship role
- Build and maintain links to service providers throughout Halton
Direct Support to STRIDE clients includes:
- Identifying and building transferrable skills to increase confidence and self-esteem
- Supporting exploration of employment opportunities that align with transferable skills and abilities
- Providing mentoring and support for peers employed in the community
- Supporting peers during appointments as needed
- Supporting peers to increase their independence
- Assist in facilitating Peer Groups and Presentations as needed
- Complete necessary documentation according to agency guidelines
- Assist in completing office administration tasks as assigned
- Participate in assigned seminars, training and education sessions and in regional Peer Mentor advocacy groups and best practice development
- Comply with all responsibilities in the Occupational Health and Safety Act, all STRIDE policies and procedures and agree to treat health and safety with a high priority while employed at STRIDE
- Must have lived experience within the addictions and/or mental health system
- Ability to travel throughout the region, must have valid driver’s license, relevant insurance, and use of own reliable vehicle is an asset
- Active in your own recovery process with the ability to draw on your personal experiences to engage, validate and role model when appropriate
Secondary Qualifications/Key Competencies:
- Knowledge and understanding of specific issues facing people with disabilities, accommodation and disclosure and sound knowledge of common challenges faced by those navigating employment is an asset.
- Willingness to advocate with an open mind of lived experience, within the addiction and mental health system to reduce stigma
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and independently
- Ability to adapt to various work environments (office, community, training site, family home) and able to flex work hours to meet program and client demands
- Establish supportive and respectful relationships with clients and ensure confidentiality
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
- Knowledge of community mental health resources available in the region of Halton
Any qualified applicant must be between 15 and 30 years of age and a currently enrolled full time college or university student returning to school in the Fall 2018.
STRIDE welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. STRIDE will provide support in its recruitment processes including accommodation that takes into account an applicant’s accessibility needs. If you are applying for this position and require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We have one position available in Milton for 8 weeks, 35 hours per week.
Please apply via Indeed providing a cover letter and resume by May 21, 2018.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary
Salary: $15.00 /hour