General Labourer Jobs Vacancy in Stephenson Rental Services Hamilton
Stephenson Rental Services Hamilton urgently required following position for General Labourer. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
General Labourer Jobs Vacancy in Stephenson Rental Services Hamilton Jobs Details:
Join Us! - We are looking for aGeneral Labourer/Yard Helper.
Guaranteed hours, no seasonal layoffs, local driving.
ABOUT STEPHENSON’S RENTAL SERVICES
Proudly Canadian for over 60 years, Stephenson’s Rental Services is a total solutions provider focused on the tool and equipment rental market. Our services help everyone from homeowners to independent contractors and major construction companies complete their projects on time and on budget. Our dedication to customer service and focus on continuous improvement has seen us flourish into one of the largest independent rental companies in Canada. We are proud of the quality equipment we rent and the great partnerships we form with our customers.
We are currently looking for a General Labourer/Yard Helper to join our Central Delivery team based in the area of Toronto. Please apply if you are passionate about customer service and enjoy working at a fast pace.
The General Labourer/Yard Help role is responsible for general housekeeping, equipment cleaning and refueling, yard organization duties and occasional deliveries. This could include equipment staging, loading and unloading of equipment, organizing of shop and general cleaning of the yard, equipment and facility. $15.00-$16.00 per hour.
- Minimum secondary school graduation certificate or equivalent
- Working knowledge/understanding of Stephenson’s product line
- Excellent communication and customer service skills – ability to deal effectively with customers in person and on the phone
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license with clean abstract (A must)
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a related field
- Flexible with the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ensure upkeep and maintenance of work environment
- Daily equipment inspections
- Loading and unloading trucks and accompany driver on deliveries of temporary fencing
- Pick and pack orders for delivery and pick up
- Cleaning and washing of equipment
- Prepare new fleet for rental
- Capable of working in all types of weather safely loading and unloading temporary fencing at job sites
- Occasionally perform deliveries of equipment
- Sorting, stacking and banding of product and safely secure loaded equipment per company procedures
- Extensive manual lifting of up to 65 pounds for upwards of 60% of the work day
- Repetitive bending, kneeling and crouching
Product Knowledge/Customer Service
- Support our Customers’ needs by knowing how to properly set up and dismantle temporary fencing
- Highest level of customer service with internal and external individuals
- Follow all paperwork and computer procedures involved in the transferring of equipment.
- Maintain all inventory control documents to preserve the integrity of the Rental Management computer system.
- Adhere to all Company Safety Policies
- Ensure the promotion of safe work practices to all staff, customers, suppliers and contractors
- Report any workplace hazards and help to eliminate them
- Use all personal protective equipment as required
- Maintain knowledge of relevant legislation
- Attend any training programs sponsored by the Company that relate directly to the Health and Safety of the position
People with disabilities are encouraged to apply and accommodations are available upon request.
We would like to thank all that apply! Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 to $16.00 /hour
- similar: 1 year