Laboratory Prep Technician Swan Hills Treatment Centre Jobs Vacancy in Suez North America Swan Hills
- Laboratory Prep Technician Swan Hills Treatment Centre
- Suez North America
- Swan Hills AB
- 26 Apr, 2018 28 days ago
Suez North America Swan Hills urgently required following position for Laboratory Prep Technician Swan Hills Treatment Centre. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Laboratory Prep Technician Swan Hills Treatment Centre Jobs Vacancy in Suez North America Swan Hills Jobs Details:
The Laboratory Prep Technician performs sample collection, preparation, extraction, and analysis according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and permitting requirements while achieving integrity of the laboratory’s results and target KPIs. KPIs include safety, productivity, and quality of work performed. The incumbent maintains workspace, equipment, instrumentation, and incoming/outgoing sample inventory. The Incumbent develops and enhances effective troubleshooting skills and completes regular instrument maintenance and calibration procedures to enhance equipment reliability, efficiency, and accuracy. The Laboratory Technician is expected to become more efficient in the performance of testing and analysis as they progress within the laboratory which maintains a broad scope of analytical capabilities. As requested, performs method development and validation and trains new team members.
This position operates within a COR, ISO 17025 certified, and OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 conforming plant environment and is expected to comply with all regulatory requirements. The facility operates on a 24/7 basis.
- Effective customer service attitude and commitment to providing exceptional customer service and quality results.
- Effective interpersonal and conflict management skills to facilitate working effectively with wide range and number of people, including peers and manager, employees, and other departments, divisions, and management within all levels of the organization.
- Effective negotiation, persuasion, and listening skills to facilitate successful resolution of employee and management concerns and requests.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to facilitate and promote open discussions and understanding.
- Effective time management, decision-making, and planning and organizing skills.
- Attentiveness to details and ability to manage a diverse workload within a fast-paced environment with changing multiple priorities and frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work collaboratively as part of a team as well as independently with minimal supervision.
- Proven organizational and creative-problem solving skills.
- General laboratory safety practices and techniques (i.e.: glassware cleaning/usage, chemical usage/storage).
- Good housekeeping skills.
- Computer competency in MS Office applications, LIMS and Windows operating environments.
- Ability to learn new analytical techniques.
- Theoretical and practical understanding of analytical chemistry. Ability to apply knowledge in the use, maintenance and troubleshooting of analytical equipment.
- Excellent and accurate record keeping.
- Understanding of all preparatory and analytical techniques used in applicable section.
- Knowledge of the QA/QC requirements for analysis/reporting of pertinent tests.
- Knowledge of written procedure content and format requirements.
- Ability to take instructions for the performance of non-routine analysis.
- Ability to perform all analyses in accordance with pertinently applicable policies as per the Laboratory Quality Manual.
- Progression may require an understanding of the plant operating approval as it pertains to laboratory and chemical processing operations, and fluency in process limitations and disposal limits of the landfills and deep disposal well.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality to comply with all regulatory requirements and Company Privacy and Confidentiality policies and procedures.
- Ability to complete all conditions of employment including criminal record check, negative alcohol and drug test, pre-employment medical, and background check.
- Formal Education Required:
- Diploma in Environmental, Biological or Chemical Technology or a combination of demonstrated similar work experience, aptitude, and specific skills training.
- Applicable Experience Required:
- No related experience is required however preference is for 1 to 2 years’ related experience in operating and maintaining laboratory analytical instruments.
- Previous experience within an industrial plant environment is a definite asset.