Senior Cost Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Dmc Mining Services
Dmc Mining Services urgently required following position for Senior Cost Analyst. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Cost Analyst Jobs Vacancy in Dmc Mining Services Jobs Details:
As the Senior Cost Analyst, you will be working with procurement, contracts, and scheduling to produce key measurements for the Jansen Project. The Senior Cost Analyst will work with the Project Team to ensure that the project’s objectives are met and assist with tracking and reporting the project’s deliverable's and targets. This is a contract position.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide project control support to the PM team which may include cost reporting, material expediting, invoice tracking, account reconciliation, project status reports and various other project related activities
2. Provide advice and direction to project team that may be comprised of internal and external service providers including but not limited to the Project Director/Manager, Engineers, Operations, Contracts, Client, Sub-Contractors, etc.
3. Work with a cross-functional team with tact, courtesy and professionalism
4. Determine schedule/cost/scope trends and advise of potential problem areas, and recommend solutions to cost impact or delays
5. Analyze financial information and recognize significant variances, trends, and irregularities and understand the causes/driver
6. Report and analyze project progress using an earned value basis
7. Collect data, inputs, update and produce standard management reports, Actual vs. Budget and /or Forecast
8. Research unexpected items and resolve inaccuracies
9. Demonstrate attention to details with a focus on accuracy, completeness and meeting deadlines and commitments
10. Work with the Project Team to ensure that the timelines and/or objectives of the project are met
11. Demonstrate excellent time management and organization skills while managing competing priorities
12. Communicate with Management on goals and objectives
13. Ensure ongoing improvement through evaluation of current processes
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
• Minimum 5 years of direct experience in a Cost Analyst role on a large EPCM Project
• Intermediate to advanced (preferred) proficiency level in Microsoft Office applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel (advanced level required) and PowerPoint
• Familiarity with the overall basic terminology of a project’s principle practices and concepts, project cost forecasting and budgets
• Strong knowledge of unit rates, material and equipment pricing, labor pricing and other estimate components and techniques
• Solid communication, motivation and interpersonal skills, and the ability to work with individuals with varying disciplines, backgrounds and experience levels
• Strong ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), prioritize work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules
• Exceptional analytical skills and logical thought processes
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including but not limited to the ability to present ideas, proposals and results to business segment leaders and to internal and external customers
• Must have understanding of basic economic analysis as it pertains to project justification