Area Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Miller Capilano Maintenance Corporation Squamish
Miller Capilano Maintenance Corporation Squamish urgently required following position for Area Supervisor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Area Supervisor Jobs Vacancy in Miller Capilano Maintenance Corporation Squamish Jobs Details:
- Ensure level of service, quality control and safety practices are met by daily monitoring of contract activities, job identification, implementation and road inspections.
- Ensure all highway and structures operation and maintenance procedures and operations meet Work Safe BC requirements and follow the Company’s Safety Programs
- Plan and organize all traffic management and operation and maintenance activities in accordance with permissible hours or work on the highway
- Works co-operatively with the Division Manager to resolve problems and issues that may arise.
- Adheres to all policies while executing work.
- Reviews completed work and ensure appropriate documentation is completed.
- Review Work Practices and recommend improvements
- Maintains quality control measures and ensure that the finished product meets Specifications.
- Ensure that work activities are performed according to Environmental Best Practices
- Provides input into annual employee performance plans
- Acts as training coordinator for staff under his/her direct supervision.
- Assists with the preparation of weekly, monthly and annual scheduling.
- Responds to emergency situations such as spills, accidents and inclement weather, and implements the emergency as required.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in either highway maintenance or road construction activities.
- Post- secondary degree/diploma in a related field an asset.
- Class 3 Standard with Air Endorsement and the ability to attain a Class 1 license within 12 months of hire.
- Demonstrated supervisory, communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage people, build teams and motivate staff.
- Ability to work as either a member of a team or independently as tasks dictate.
- Ability to deliver accurate and detailed information and products on tight timelines.
- Above average writing skills with good attention to detail.
- Working knowledge of the Traffic Control Manual for Work on Roadways.
- Must have the ability to work shifts when required.
- Must be available to be on call.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn and operate other internal systems as required.
We would like to thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Accommodations are available upon request.