Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in University British Columbia Vancouver
University British Columbia Vancouver urgently required following position for Senior Administrative Assistant. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Senior Administrative Assistant Jobs Vacancy in University British Columbia Vancouver Jobs Details:
UBC Extended Learning (ExL) brings UBC excellence in academics, teaching, and research to UBC communities through flexible, innovative, and accessible learning opportunities. ExL welcomes thousands of learners from all over the world annually, and supports UBC faculties to create and deliver programming that meets the career and personal needs of UBC communities while strengthening UBC's contribution to society, industry, and government.
As a member of the ExL team, this position is responsible for providing confidential administrative support to ExL leadership and office coordination in support of the units strategic objectives and desired outcomes. The incumbent will coordinate and manage schedules, arrange meetings and appointments, and maintain liaison with a wide variety of individuals and agencies at the highest levels, both internal and external to the University. This position deals with a wide range of confidential and sensitive correspondence.
Until the Extended Learning administrative structure has been fully implemented, this position is in a state of evolution whereby duties may be added or removed as operational requirements are developed and refined. This position will require an individual who is comfortable in an atmosphere of ambiguity while systems and processes are being established.
This position works as a member of the UBC Extended Learning (ExL) Administrative Team, and reports directly to the Administration Manager. The incumbent will also receive direction from the ExL Executive and Associate Directors. This position is expected to work independently under broad direction from the Administration Manager.
1. Acts as personal and confidential administrative coordinator for the Executive and Associate Directors. Screens and prioritizes all incoming materials and phone calls, referring matters for reply or additional information for the attention of the Administration Manager in order of priority. Deals with a variety of confidential and sensitive correspondence. Takes, transcribes and distributes minutes of meetings
2. Schedules appointments and meetings, prepares appropriate materials for such meetings/appointments. Keeps the leadership team informed of a wide variety of administrative details. Makes travel arrangements
3. Exercises judgement when referring materials to the leadership team and/or re-directing inquiries during their absence from campus
4. Plans and coordinates various meetings/functions/events hosted by ExL, including selecting the dates and venues, sending invitations, managing RSVPs, and making catering and AV arrangements
5. Composes and types confidential correspondence from brief oral instructions/notes or initiates draft responses for the leadership team's consideration. Proofreads and edits hardcopy and electronic documents as required
6. Oversees and coordinates bookings for shared workspaces, meetings spaces, and classrooms
7. Oversees ExL space needs, maintenance issues, and the servicing of office equipment
8. Maintains supply of, proofs, and order stationary and branded merchandise for ExL
9. Maintains and orders office supplies and equipment. Ensures photocopy/supply room(s) are stocked and well organized
10. Develops and coordinates administrative systems and processes that support the strategic objectives and desired outcomes of the unit
11. Drafts and edits reports, compiles statistical data and conducts other research
12. Performs financial duties such as monitoring and reporting on budget expenditures, processing expenses, credit card payments, and travel requisitions
13. Maintains an electronic record classifications system for the unit
1. Maintains and updates a procedures manual for the position
2. Provides support to colleagues during absences
3. Performs other duties as required
This position reports directly to the Administration Manager.
Supervises up to 1 full-time administrative assistant. May explain work procedures to new staff and delegate work to work learn students.
Consequence of Error/Judgement
Poor judgement or errors in processing confidential materials and correspondence could have an adverse effect on the work of ExL and the University, and could lead to legal consequences and/or other costs. Confidential matters must be handled with the utmost discretion and tact. Failure to act in a professional, tactful manner would have a negative impact on the image of ExL and the University. Must be able to exercise sound judgement in dealing with administrative matters where there are no established policies, procedures or guidelines.
High School graduation and 1 year post-secondary education. 4 years related experience or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Senior administrative experience preferred. Strong customer service orientation. Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Ability to, exercise good judgement, tact and discretion. Ability to work both independently and within a team environment. Experience working in a fast paced environment. Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and priorities. Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment. Ability to work respectfully across cultural differences.
Ability to exercise sound judgment. Ability to analyze problems, identify key information and issues, and effectively resolve. Ability to compose complex correspondence and prepare reports in clear concise business English, and to draft complex correspondence for signature. Ability to take and transcribe accurate meeting minutes. Ability to deal with a diversity of people in a calm, courteous, and effective manner. Ability to obtain and disseminate information effectively and tactfully with individuals from all levels of the University and the external community. Ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines. Experience with records management is an asset. Ability to work outside of regular hours as required. Ability to operate a normal range of standard office equipment. Ability to effectively use MS Office at an intermediate level(e.g., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with SharePoint is an asset. Ability to make thoughtful, informed, and thorough decisions. Ability to determine the nature and urgency of inquiries and issues, and triage appropriately.
Equity and diversity are essential to academic excellence. An open and diverse community fosters the inclusion of voices that have been underrepresented or discouraged. We encourage applications from members of groups that have been marginalized on any grounds enumerated under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.