Laboratory Technician Jobs Vacancy in Carpenter Canada Calgary
Carpenter Canada Calgary urgently required following position for Laboratory Technician. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Laboratory Technician Jobs Vacancy in Carpenter Canada Calgary Jobs Details:
Carpenter Canada Co. has an immediate opening for a Laboratory Technician on the first shift at our Calgary manufacturing plant. This position is responsible for safe, accurate and timely fulfillment of customer orders while adhering to the Company’s guiding principles and value of order.
Carpenter Canada Co. employees are committed to working hard to ensure production goals are met while maintaining operations excellence. The successful candidate will be expected to conduct physical properties testing as specified by a set of quality standards, and company & customer requirements. Work is performed in a production and in laboratory environment.
Additional responsibilities of the Laboratory Technician will include:
- Read and adhere to the safe work procedures and standard operating procedure.
- Operate slitter machines for samples preparation.
- Perform testing of the prime and bonded foam samples for quality parameters using standard ASTM methods and SOPs.
- Enter data of the test results; analyze data, and prepare test reports using designated software.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment.
- Prepare and distribute internal test reports, analysis of customer complaints, and internal non-conformance reports.
- Communicate with production, sales and other departments on quality / testing issues.
- Maintain internal non-conformance system and distribute monthly reports.
- Performs housekeeping on equipment and surrounding work area.
Skills and Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in a QA/QC laboratory in the manufacturing environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office.
- Sound communication and interpersonal skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Ability to perform with minimal supervision.
- High level of initiative.
Carpenter Canada Co. is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or other legally protected characteristic.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 /hour
- QA/QC Lab: 3 years