Urban Pantry Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Cmha Simcoe County Branch Barrie
Cmha Simcoe County Branch Barrie urgently required following position for Urban Pantry Coordinator. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Urban Pantry Coordinator Jobs Vacancy in Cmha Simcoe County Branch Barrie Jobs Details:
Urban Pantry Coordinator – Resource Development -* *PT /Temporary
The Coordinator, in accordance with the agency’s policies, standards, and guidelines, is responsible for program staff supervision, program plans, volunteer activities, network and building community partnerships, develop reports and maintain data collection, develop public media campaigns, identify opportunities for additional revenue streams.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Degree/Diploma or equivalent experience in environmental science, health service, social services, project management or in a related field,
- Minimum three (3) years experience managing community-based food security projects.
- Legally able to work in Canada.
- Access to a vehicle is required.
- Candidates with a proficiency in French are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Experience in mental health and/or addictions (community-based setting preferred).
PROGRAM AND SERVICES:
- Coordinate all Urban Pantry Project activities in accordance with the Grow grant application
- Be the point of contact for all persons inquiring about the Urban Pantry Project
- Schedule and attend monthly meetings
- Supervise the Community Kitchen Coordinator and Community Garden Coordinator
- Create capacity within the community to provide food skills training and community gardens work Add food skill building opportunities at new and existing sites
- Update community directory data as required including on 211 (which is an affiliate of NSMhealthline)
- Coordinate operations of FruitShare Barrie fruit owners, fruit pickers, share bosses and the required equipment.
- Deliver or organize delivery of fruit to the appropriate social service agency
- Maintain existing fruit trees on public lands and liaise with City of Barrie to determine new sites for tree plantings
- Create a sustainable and diverse volunteer base by recruiting, training, and scheduling volunteers
- Encourage student and newcomer volunteering
- Organize and match episodic volunteers, long-term volunteers and volunteer groups with appropriate tasks and projects
- Develop and implement ongoing training and development for volunteers and for staff who work with them
- Program ongoing volunteer recognition and an annual volunteer appreciation event
- Maintain existing partnerships and network with new potential partners
- Maintain excellent public relations with all participating groups and the community at large
- Communicate and link with community agencies and organizations as relevant to achieving program outcomes (food skills and community gardens)
- Liaise with the City of Barrie, Cultivating Culture, and the Community Garden Coordinator to determine new garden sites
- Liaise with the Salvation Army, Community Kitchen Coordinator, and other agencies to deliver food skills programming
- Compile, maintain and report statistics on volunteers for internal and external purposes (e.g. reports, proposals)
- Write annual reports
- Survey program participants according to Ontario Trillium Foundation requirements
- Work with the steering committee, Community Kitchen Coordinator, and Community Garden Coordinator to write a contribution analysis upon completing the 3-year funding period
- Develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive promotion plan to promote services to the general public
- Improve program visibility/promotion to increase client referrals
- Develop and maintain social media presence and website
- Assist the steering committee in identifying funding opportunities (event-based fundraising, corporate sponsorship, individual donations, in-kind support)
- Write grant applications
- Develop a social enterprise
HOURS OF WORK: 26.25 hours per week. Ability to work from home and work flexible hours (days, occasional evenings and weekends).
CMHA Simcoe County Branch is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code CMHA Simcoe County Branch will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $30.00 /hour