Settlement Counsellor Jobs Vacancy in Multicultural Association Charlotte County St. George
Multicultural Association Charlotte County St. George urgently required following position for Settlement Counsellor. Please read this job advertisement carefully before apply. There are some qualifications, experience and skills requirement that the employers require. Does your career history fit these requirements? Ensure you understand the role you are applying for and that it is suited to your skills and qualifications.
Follow the online directions, complete all the necessary fields, and provide all relevant information so your application is submitted correctly. When you click the 'Apply this Job' button (open in new window) you will be taken to the online application form. Here you will be asked to provide personal and contact details, respond to employment-related questions, and show how you meet the key selection criteria.
Settlement Counsellor Jobs Vacancy in Multicultural Association Charlotte County St. George Jobs Details:
Region: New Brunswick - other areas
Location: St George
Type: Full time
Salary: (not entered)
The role of the Settlement Counsellor is to provide effective and efficient settlement services to assist newcomers immigrants to integrate effectively in the Charlotte County region. The Settlement Counsellor will work under the supervision of the Executive Director and will collaborate with other staff and volunteers.
- Introducing newcomers to the Association and Charlotte County, including important aspects of Canadian life such as healthcare, the education system, the banking system, living in rural Canada, and transportation
- Providing and explaining essential documents such as Medicare applications, tax returns, social insurance numbers, immigration responsibilities, and providing contact information for different service providers.
- Answering newcomers' concerns and questions and referring clients to appropriate agencies and services
- Establishing settlement programs, partnering with other service organizations as required;
- Utilizing the existing volunteers and encouraging new volunteers to assist newcomers settling in Charlotte County by participating in our programming wherever feasible
- Promoting the Settlement Program amongst newcomers, community service providers and the community at large
- Providing assistance and high-quality services to newcomers
- Facilitating the integration of newcomers to the Charlotte County Region and in the community through referrals, or direct assistance
- Promoting Charlotte County as an ideal new home for potential migrants who want to settle in New Brunswick
- Carrying out other specific projects as determined by the Executive Director
Administrative Duties: The settlement worker will be responsible for keeping an updated log, statistical data, reports and reference material for the following duties and other assignments as required.
- Maintain client data and statistics as required including client names, phone numbers and services offered as well as completed client services
- Prepare a monthly narrative report on activities for the Executive Director.
- Comply with monthly governmental reporting requirements
- Work as part of the Program Team to ensure smooth delivery and coordination of all services to clients
- Create, maintain and keep an updated community bulletin board of people, places and events
- Create lists of partnerships and resources for easy referral
- Maintain newcomer files for statistical and referral purposes
- Work under the direction of the Executive Director to do outreach work to promote settlement and integration services within Charlotte County
Knowledge, Skills and Qualifications:
- Post Secondary or other relevant education
- Relevant experience preferably in the settlement sector experience in immigration would be a big asset.
- Solid understanding of the Permanent Resident, Temporary Foreign Worker, Provincial Nominee, sponsorship and business immigration programs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in person and on the phone
- Strong skill in utilizing the Microsoft Office Suite and desktop functions
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Willing to learn and accept new challenges
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in busy, small office environment
- Must be a team player and have experience working with diverse cultures and ethnicities
- Speaking another language would be considered an asset
Send your CV a cover letter, in pdf format, that details how your experience is suitable for the position. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Applications to be sent by email email@example.com
NO PHONE CALLS Contact Details: ? Laurie Parris
Multicultural Association of Charlotte County
19 Main St. Unit 1 St. George, NB E5C 3H9